hedge cutter stolen update

hedgesparrow

well i posted that my brand new long handle was nicked from under my nose well pub had cctv what i saw of it a very good image. had a phone call from police yesterday we have looked at cctv but image is not that good and maybe 10 suspects like the one on the cctv. mind boggles they are now saying a week later will go and ask the golf club to look at there cctv.

but the best bit was had lots of stuff nicked it maybe organised crime involved so looking wider to see if we can match it up. i despair even with photos they still can not point the finger or go and knock on there door. now my hedgetrimmer has been sold on and being used by those who do not mind using bent gear. i know other posts say about the police. starting to think the same. somehow something needs to be brought out to be able to track even small hand tools not just plant, i hate to think how many people are out of pocket in the hundreds due to excess not allowing to make a claim on insurance:cursing::mad1:

well i posted that my brand new long handle was nicked from under my nose well pub had cctv what i saw of it a very good image. had a phone call from police yesterday we have looked at cctv but image is not that good and maybe 10 suspects like the one on the cctv. mind boggles they are now saying a week later will go and ask the golf club to look at there cctv.

but the best bit was had lots of stuff nicked it maybe organised crime involved so looking wider to see if we can match it up. i despair even with photos they still can not point the finger or go and knock on there door. now my hedgetrimmer has been sold on and being used by those who do not mind using bent gear. i know other posts say about the police. starting to think the same. somehow something needs to be brought out to be able to track even small hand tools not just plant, i hate to think how many people are out of pocket in the hundreds due to excess not allowing to make a claim on insurance:cursing::mad1:

there are such things as data tags you can hide but .......:001_rolleyes:

also trackers are very small these days but.......:001_rolleyes:

was it not locked up and just on the back of the wagon?:confused1:

Had the same a few years back when my workshop got done, police were'nt really bothered even though on that occasion I found a business card for an ariel photography business in leeds which must have been dropped, cos it sure as hell didnt get in there on its own :sneaky2:

i had just finished cutting hedge came back to van put it down hedge side of truck went to back of truck picked up blower started blower was only 5 yrds max he sneaked in grabbed it and ran off over playing field, so yes my fault should have locked it up before doing anything else learnt the hard way. still sucks

i had just finished cutting hedge came back to van put it down hedge side of truck went to back of truck picked up blower started blower was only 5 yrds max he sneaked in grabbed it and ran off over playing field, so yes my fault should have locked it up before doing anything else learnt the hard way. still sucks

it was that light fingered git who should have been carefully locked up not your gear

the chances of him getting nicked for this are slim. if they can not match his face with there mug shots then its a loss. to much hard work to sort it out.

yet they can lay in wait on a dark night hidden in the bushes and knick my wife for breaking the speed limit. yes over but said to copper i thought it was 40 it was until she got to crossroads changed to 30. and reading on hear all the time what little is done to stop the thieving and there response on stuff nicked. sent a letter to my MP complaining about lack of effort at grass roots level and what is being spent on a uk FBI :thumbdown:

the chances of him getting nicked for this are slim. if they can not match his face with there mug shots then its a loss. to much hard work to sort it out.

yet they can lay in wait on a dark night hidden in the bushes and knick my wife for breaking the speed limit. yes over but said to copper i thought it was 40 it was until she got to crossroads changed to 30. and reading on hear all the time what little is done to stop the thieving and there response on stuff nicked. sent a letter to my MP complaining about lack of effort at grass roots level and what is being spent on a uk FBI :thumbdown:

they hear saws and come from all around...every time i work now its 30mins a day time locking and unlocking kit ,i have even spent the entire day stood by the wagons as the stump grinder and chipper were on site with only roadside access.quite a few theives scanned the kit as i stood and watched with the 66....

its tough out there but the best option is self retrevial,after 1 of the transits got smashed into and 5 saws and kit stolen we discovered who the local drug dealer was and went round mob handed and told him to get our saws back...he was well pissy but we got our kit back a few days later at a cost of 50 quid as he had to "pay" the bloke for the kit...

true story...:thumbup:

its owner beware i'm afraid. its up to each owner to protect his or her kit. we've lost loads over the years, fortunes. how ever hard you try they'll always find a way. After all its their job..! I don't know what the answer is long term. trouble is while there is a ready market i.e. Ebay and folk that are happy to buy stolen goods the problem won't go away. Its should be mandatory to list serial numbers when selling online...

Brother in law had half of his power float pinched, he is a ground worker on new build sites and assumed the scrotes didn't know what they were pinching just that it had an engine on so it must be worth something. He did the same calling on the local fence and saw it in the hall when the door opened so he dragged him out along with his tackle, no money or police were involved. I had my car pinched from the front of the house and the police never even came out to look or ask me any questions, just gave me an incident number for the insurance by phone. I have no confidence or respect for them any more.

Edited by peatff