Business Facebook pages

GardenKit

I was at a meeting last week, of a major garden machinery importer.

They are encouraging their dealer network to embrace e.commerce a bit more seriously and are saying that Facebook is the place to be.

Apparently our European counterparts have made great use of FB and a great percentage of their business now comes from it.

I am sceptical, possibly because I am not of the FB generation as I see it.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried it to promote your business?

Do you use it to find suppliers or product?

I opened a page last night, no idea what to put on it, any ideas.

Oh, and if you like it, 'like it' please.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had one for a while now.

cant say i have found suppliers, arbtalk done that for me.

i did win a free silky tho.

i normally put interesting machines on it, or anytime i remember to take the camera in with me.

im not overly sure what the promote page is all about.

im not even sure how people search on there for things. as they just search a name rather than what they want. so if they wanted to repair there mower they would have to search for a company name rather than just fix my mower... if that makes sense.

i do however use the local selling pages to advertise a small amount as its free to do so.

Can't I just put my secondhand kit on my page?

Don't see why not, just upload a photo and description.

I have always been 100% against FB for many reasons. However nowadays everything needs linking - website, FB, Twitter (haven't got there yet)......

A business page is different to a personal page in that as far as i can tell i can't look for or correspond with people unless they contact me first. I've just set up a page and use it for what it is - a free advertising tool.

The only downside is that but the time you've finished work, replied to emails, done your paperwork, updated the website and updated your FB page, the night's gone:confused1:

Regards,

Steve.

I opened a page last night, no idea what to put on it, any ideas.

Oh, and if you like it, 'like it' please.

I've liked ya new page, welcome to the modern era!

I have had a work page for some time now, its great for pinging job pictures up to and now I have an Android phone its even easier.

In fact, within hours of joining facebook, I had an email about a prospective garden design and build job which turned out to be £10k worth of work - well worth it!

J :thumbup: