Toyota amazon

madbopper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thing with a land rover badge will come no where near a land cruiser for power or reliability.

How many range rovers you see with 250000 miles on clock...

Very very few...

Look at price of an 02 plate range rover to same yr land cruiser..

We have a 99 and a 2007 amazon.. They will be going when same year land or range rover in scrap yard.. Quote

I am not knocking the Amazon because I think they are a good truck but merely pointing out that they have issues the same as any vehicle. There are thousands of pre 50,60,70,80,90 and 2000 models of L/R vehicles still running in fact 70% of what was made is still on the road which is more than you can say about any 4X4 out there. I have got a few and dont particularly like them but they do bash on and are very cheap to keep on the road. I dont see how anyone can say that they are expensive to maintain because they are not.

As for mileage 200.000 is quite normal for a landrover.

One in the yard here right now that has only had one clutch fitted in all the time we have had it with over 200.000 miles on it, its no where near finished with yet.

002.jpg (32.9 KB)

002.jpg.8593e5db59df2b4391eed802f97e551e.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

I am not knocking the Amazon because I think they are a good truck but merely pointing out that they have issues the same as any vehicle. There are thousands of pre 50,60,70,80,90 and 2000 models of L/R vehicles still running in fact 70% of what was made is still on the road which is more than you can say about any 4X4 out there. I have got a few and dont particularly like them but they do bash on and are very cheap to keep on the road. I dont see how anyone can say that they are expensive to maintain because they are not.

As for mileage 200.000 is quite normal for a landrover.

One in the yard here right now that has only had one clutch fitted in all the time we have had it with over 200.000 miles on it, its no where near finished with yet.

002.jpg (32.9 KB)

HI MATE nice one there my one done 200k and still going well to it how you look out to it that the key to all things thanks jon :thumbup:

My defender is on 175k, it's had a new engine, gearbox, transfer box, discs all round, calipers all round, brake pipes, flexis, bushes, two alternators, brake servo, back diff, front axle, numerous track rod ends, ball joints, exhaust back boxes, just ordered both front swivel joints and seals and half shaft flanges.

Blah blah blah

My defender is on 175k, it's had a new engine, gearbox, transfer box, discs all round, calipers all round, brake pipes, flexis, bushes, two alternators, brake servo, back diff, front axle, numerous track rod ends, ball joints, exhaust back boxes, just ordered both front swivel joints and seals and half shaft flanges.

Blah blah blah

Got a broom like that. Had two replacement heads and three stales. Best brush I've ever owned.

Blah blah blah

Its only a year old then at least the doors have not fallen off yet. I dont think people dislike Landrovers just the Landrover enthusiasts :biggrin:

Oh...forgot to mention, the door pins are knackered and need replacing

Oh yes...and I have also got another new engine under my bench just in case.

As for Landrover enthusiasts, I have noticed other landrover owners waving at me, at first I thought there was something falling off my landrover and kept stopping to check.

I then realised they wave because I am a landrover owner. I have come to the conclusion that if you willing own a defender just to drive about in and not use it for work, then you must be mentally ill and all these people waving at me are just that......obviously I don't wave back as that is only encouraging them (-:

Yes that is so right about only having a defender unless you work it.

I don't consider myself an enthusiast as I don't spend my weekends changing parts/upgrading parts just for the fun.

But I really cannot think of another vehicle I would consider for my work, the defender is perfect for the rough and tumble type jobs I get in the countryside.

The only vehicle I would consider is the Toyota land cruiser in pickup form that you can import. That's the only pickup that looks up to the job aside from the defender.