Bandit 65 spout extension MK2

Dean Lofthouse

Forecast rain today so I had a day off :001_smile:

Got bored so went and bought some 16g sheet metal and made me a longer extension for the bandit spout

MK1 is ontop of the new spout. Its been primered now and will be colour matched tomorrow.

MK1 was only a 10" extension but helped with the problem of the 65's throwing chip out down the outsides of the chipbox into the road and pavement. It did concentrate it into the back of the truck.

MK2 is a 2ft extension which focus's the chip exactly where you want it in the chipbox, you can even put it into a little pile in one corner :001_smile:.

Just right now.

005.jpg.2a67f750fa807d415e67e372576f25c0.jpg

004.jpg.426ee55654f1a6868541c391da05a768.jpg

003.jpg.174c011e798af2070dfb1367bf1654e0.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coulda saved yourself the bother Dean, and just upgraded to a Big Boys Chipper :001_tongue:

I'm suprised they let you lot loose with one of those :sneaky2:

Far too much cleaning up with those Dave, the spout ext on those is open underneath, so you get a lot of dust and bits down between the chipper and truck.

With this now it calms down the viscousness of the throw and keeps all the crap in the back hence less time cleaning up.

Was the chip just spraying out on to the floor before your mod?

Without extending the spout, the chip comes out from the deflector flap in a fan which, unless you pushed the chipper right upto the truck, it was impossible to get it into the back without it spraying all over the road and pavement.

One of the problems with bandit 65's is the chip comes out of the spout like bullets, extremely dangerous for pedestrians, infact I'd say it would quite easily smash a car windscreen.

Bandit told me the maximum ext you can put on is 12", which does calm it but nowhere near enough.

Pre spout extension I tested to see how far the bandit threw the chip, it turned out to be 145 foot, good if you are spraying it into a woodland but not if you want your headboard to last more than a week. I regularly had shards of wood emmbedded in the 3/4 ply headboard :scared1:

With this longer spout, you can aim the chip onto the tipper floor in a compact pile and use the pile as a cushion.