Quad Timber Trailer

Ashes_Firewood

Works for what I want it for!!

Yeah fair play - an awful lot depends on the ground you have to work with and what you need it to do, on good firm ground it will not be too bad - on our mix of bog and ditch with drags up to a Km it would be a nightmare:biggrin:

Cheers

mac

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah fair play - an awful lot depends on the ground you have to work with and what you need it to do, on good firm ground it will not be too bad - on our mix of bog and ditch with drags up to a Km it would be a nightmare:biggrin:

Cheers

mac

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1397813924.917633.jpg.f4be41185b632603069f2f975700ff46.jpg

Picture of mine in use, see how much it has shifted from the site I was working on. You do have to be carful you don't tip it. But it's perfect for getting in and out of tight areas. Like every bit of kit know its limitations of what it is capable of doing.

It looks pretty flimsy to me I'm afraid

centre girder looks light

drawbar looks too long

axle is too far back

tyres look narrow - are they flotation

fixed single axle is a disaster on poor ground fine if you are running on roads

bolsters are too high

loadbed is too short

apart from that it looks good

Cheers

mac

It doesn't look up to the job for me. Even on flat ground if you run over a log with one wheel it's going to be a bit tippy.

I've used a Logic tandem axel for 20 plus years.......in our very steep woods..........absolutely brilliant!

[ATTACH]153999[/ATTACH]

Picture of mine in use, see how much it has shifted from the site I was working on. You do have to be carful you don't tip it. But it's perfect for getting in and out of tight areas. Like every bit of kit know its limitations of what it is capable of doing.

Your drawbar doesn't look like it bends up like mine! Your tyres look more like floatation ones than mine too? Any idea where I could get some?

I couldn't have a larger twin axle trailer on this bike, it wouldn't pull it when loaded up and no way it'd get in and out of some of the places I've had this one.

The trailer load area does seem strong enough, had some big logs on no problem it's just the drawbar doesn't seem right on mine for some reason!

Edited by Ashes_Firewood

Your drawbar doesn't look like it bends up like mine! Your tyres look more like floatation ones than mine too? Any idea where I could get some?

I couldn't have a larger twin axle trailer on this bike, it wouldn't pull it when loaded up and no way it'd get in and out of some of the places I've had this one.

The trailer load area does seem strong enough, had some big logs on no problem it's just the drawbar doesn't seem right on mine for some reason!

Check you have not bent it up? The tyres look the same as mine. I have been very pleased with mine, it's paid for itself very quickly but there is only one weak point I have found, the two bars that are welded onto the draw bar then attaches to the trailer have bent up very slightly on mine but to be honest does not bother me. For the price they are great. Most of the sites I work on are SSSI's it's great for that.

A twin axle trailer with rocking beams will tow much more easily than a fixed single axle, and will go through and over places that the single axle will not look at.

The twin axle logic trailer is not physically much larger if at but carries more and carries it on a wider wheelbase and with a lower loadheight. I will be surprised if the tow force required is much different.

cheers

mac

Looks good. Anymore photos of the construction?

Have a look at the one on this splitter as same as mine. Hydraulic log splitters CV 18 K - Krpan

As I said it's just two pieces of ply with nylon washer/spacers where the bolts hold it on. The saw gets slid in between the two pieces of ply without bar guard and the bar rests on the nylon spacers.

Edited by Woodworks

Good morning,

We make the trailer being discussed so thought I would add my views.

The mini timber trailer is a very low cost item indeed. It isnt as good as a larger trailer with rocking beams and various other features, but it is less than half the price. That being said, it is a very sturdy little thing which stands up to a lot of abuse in the woods. Many people enquire about the mini timber trailer to us and end up ordering our larger trailer with the walking beams for the reasons stated above. However, many also order the mini timber trailer and are very happy with it for their job.

Its a classic case of you get what you pay for. I am quite certain that an Alstor would be infinitely better than a quad and a logic timber trailer, but we all know that anyway, and few will actually be able to justify the extra cost.

On a seperate note. The chainsaw storage side of things is developed and being tested right now. What would people call a reasonable price for a good quality chainsaw holder with the mounting bracketry ? Cant show any pics yet as we are just going through design registration, etc..

Thanks

Tim

TCF Engineering