Quad Timber Trailer

Ashes_Firewood

Good morning,

We make the trailer being discussed so thought I would add my views.

The mini timber trailer is a very low cost item indeed. It isnt as good as a larger trailer with rocking beams and various other features, but it is less than half the price. That being said, it is a very sturdy little thing which stands up to a lot of abuse in the woods. Many people enquire about the mini timber trailer to us and end up ordering our larger trailer with the walking beams for the reasons stated above. However, many also order the mini timber trailer and are very happy with it for their job.

Its a classic case of you get what you pay for. I am quite certain that an Alstor would be infinitely better than a quad and a logic timber trailer, but we all know that anyway, and few will actually be able to justify the extra cost.

On a seperate note. The chainsaw storage side of things is developed and being tested right now. What would people call a reasonable price for a good quality chainsaw holder with the mounting bracketry ? Cant show any pics yet as we are just going through design registration, etc..

Thanks

Tim

TCF Engineering

Fair point regarding cost etc.......didn't realise it was that price.

My concerns would be stability when loaded to the top of the bolsters and being a bit more picky......the cross sectional area of the welding to the floor, with it been the focus of possible repeated stresses from very heavy pieces of timber being dropped/chucked in......as is bound to happen.

• 5 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to start up an old thread again.....

But any one used and got any feedback on the larger trailer TCF sell.

4593991655_568x321.jpg

ATV TIMBER TRAILER - tcfengineeringnew

I am looking at starting up carrying out small scale low impact timber extraction. Was looking at getting a 350-400cc quad to pull this trailer, think that will be enough to pull a trailer such as this fully loaded?

4593991655_568x321.jpg

I am looking at starting up carrying out small scale low impact timber extraction. Was looking at getting a 350-400cc quad to pull this trailer, think that will be enough to pull a trailer such as this fully loaded?

I have got one. Very well built. My quad wont pull it even

On the flat though when loaded. I use it behind our compact tractor. Very good trailers, i have 3. A brash cart, mini forwarder and this bigger forwarder. Has coped well with being laden down with some heavy bits.

My uncle owns and manages a wood in Yorkshire. It is very steep in places. He uses a quad for wood extraction but with a much smaller trailer.

There are people on the forum who do extract significant quantities of wood with quad and trailer, I would wait for some more posts. There are many much wiser than I.

Ye, I have been reading endlessly on the topic but never been able to judge what sort of weights certain powered quads can pull (understand that it all varies on the terrain your working). Would be good to hear from some more experiences guys on the matter.

4593991655_568x321.jpg

Looks a great little trailer that

4593991655_568x321.jpg

We pull a lighter trailer than that which will carry about the same - most of our ground is flat but there are short sections of slope etc.

We have a 500cc quad with an optional low box and permanent 4 wheel drive - would not want to work with anything less capable.

So the answer to your question is I'm afraid - no I don't think your proposed quad is up to pulling that trailer.