Bigger arb trucks

Horatio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, I said Fact!!!

Is that the same drive a 3.5tonner can't reverse the chipper up, its either too steep or the front end keeps catching the pillar and cant get a turn into, the same drive that the Groundie spills diesel on filling a TW .

It's also the same drive to the house that has a big field or lane along the back, that the Mog drives up or over and lifts everything over the fence or wall.

Mog fact moggitty fact !!!!:)

Its quite funny how everyone has a different idea as to whats best. The truth is its down to capacity, some get on famously with a transit or smaller as it suits the style of work they do. The problems start when the business grows and the vehicles end up permanently overloaded. Mogs are great but not the be all. Ours are the least used on the fleet, other than romping around the common clearing/chipping for heather regen the lorry`s or transits get the most use.

Bob

raycochipper003_zps5c67b0f5.jpg

Lets face it fellas, to be efficient on every single job you need more than one vehicle and chipper combo.

Stevie, I'm giving you a Chinese burn when I see you next for winding me up.

No you don't Mark, that's the beauty of a u1650 with front chipper and rear hiab.

You really should pay take advice rather than be do defensive about your little van, take this as a virtual pat on the head son :)

No you don't Mark, that's the beauty of a u1650 with front chipper and rear hiab.

You really should pay take advice rather than be do defensive about your little van, take this as a virtual pat on the head son :)

Haha.

Don't get me wrong mate, every job we can fit bigger kit in I'm not afraid to get hold of mates that have it, and enjoy doing that.

The truth is big kit simply wouldn't pay for itself with the majority of our work.

Straight up, if you offered me a free Mog and front mount chipper I'd say it would be more of a pain than a gain on most jobs we work on in town.

Great in the country, but so are Telehandlers and big fires.

Horses for courses.

Son!