Neighborhood recycling facility's.

High Scale

I have a real problem with them, or should I say, the staff?

Today I took my old truck tire and the rusty metal remains of my old, truck cab, bed, down to my local recycling facility's. I parked down the road, leaving my four year old to watch the truck and walked in with my booty. Immediately a van screeched up and the face inside told me I couldn't dump as my truck would need a permit, even though I had just walked in.

I was in no mood for BS so I just carried on and dumped my crap, they all gathered together clucking and trying to look menacing.

I strode out of the site like a viking warrior, jumped into my truck and we booted it down the road.

If I had taken the Mr's car they wouldn't have batted a eyelid.

Mudder fudders!!

I've had the same, took an armchair down when we bought a new 3 pce suite and they told me I couldn't tip trade waste, the landy wasn't allowed in because it is sign written.

I told him I didn't find the hair up in a tree and he shouldn't pick on me just because of sign writing.

He told me he would put the barrier down and lock me in. :sneaky2:

Fine I said, I'll just smash through the barrier and put a claim in for false imprisonment

I have had similar discussions with staff at some centres, others are absolutely fine to the point of turning a blind eye to builders signwritten pickups shovelling tonnes of rubble out.

I just pick and choose where I go now.

I have a real problem with them, or should I say, the staff?

Today I took my old truck tire and the rusty metal remains of my old, truck cab, bed, down to my local recycling facility's. I parked down the road, leaving my four year old to watch the truck and walked in with my booty. Immediately a van screeched up and the face inside told me I couldn't dump as my truck would need a permit, even though I had just walked in.

I was in no mood for BS so I just carried on and dumped my crap, they all gathered together clucking and trying to look menacing.

I strode out of the site like a viking warrior, jumped into my truck and we booted it down the road.

If I had taken the Mr's car they wouldn't have batted a eyelid.

Mudder fudders!!

i drove into a recycling place today on the way to glasgow, i drove in, i have a vw transporter with signwriting, plus wife and 2 kids. i ask where i park he told me vans werent aloud in, i told him it was old clothes, didnt matter i would have to go to the main place, 5 miles away. i said nothing as it was on my way anyway, but what a little jobs worth. so we drove into the main place, whirlwinds of litter and polythene everywhere, 2 guys sitting on deckchairs growling at the vans and makeing it very obvious they were writing our numbers down.

Same here now, up untill last year it was unmanned and it wasn't abused either just a couple of 40 yard skips and a loading ramp. Now there's a couple of guys and a no vans policy, and this is at at least 3 other centres in the region so thats six salaries extra on the council tax bill or six fewer nurses.:mad1:

This really pisses me off, I'm putting a new bathroom suite in at the mo, I have the old suite plus loads of tiles and plaster etc to get rid of, I told the missus that they wouldn't take it at the tip anymore and she did'nt beleive me and rang them up; sure enough: if we load it all into her car and dirty it up in the process thats fine but put the same stuff in my pickup and we won't get in.

Oh and I've seen a few flytipping piles lately, something I'd never seen before round here.

Its probably because they have too much recycled stuff and there arent enough boats to ship it off to Indian and landfill!

Dont you fellas have the equivalent of a 'Bulky Bob' (something to do with the council so its free)who will come and take all household stuff that is too 'bulky' for either your car or the wheelie bin?

Its probably because they have too much recycled stuff and there arent enough boats to ship it off to Indian and landfill!

Dont you fellas have the equivalent of a 'Bulky Bob' (something to do with the council so its free)who will come and take all household stuff that is too 'bulky' for either your car or the wheelie bin?

Yes you can book a collection but you have to leave said item at the end of your drive and it can take upto a week to collect