Ms150 truly awesome little saw

Gardenmac

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shall discuss the fineries of drilling with my Stihl mechanic..........once he's ported our 192.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It does make the 150 more responsive, & less likely to bog out in the cut, glad I did mine even though I use it for sub 4 inch cuts unless a bit of deadwood or the occasional larger piece needs sorting.:001_smile:

Well, I took the opportunity to have another crack with it today on an 8m Magnolia take down. Chogged down the stem to about 6 or 7 inches without any bogging. Finished the rest of with the 46. Did a couple of small removals and topped out an over grown hedge without batting an eye,probably due it's first tune up now as it didn't sound like it was revving out by the end of the day but it still coped handsomely with whatever I threw at it. I really am quite impressed. A colleague of mine laughed at it and said it was a toy until he picked it up. Suddenly he saw the benefits of such a light, small saw.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I got issued a brand spanking new one to trial for Asplundh. I found it to be a great little pruning saw, super light on my harness and it cut nicely. It is unfair to compare it to a 200/201, of course it is not as powerful but it is not trying to replace that saw. For light pruning I think that it definately has a place on the truck, it's ideal for deadwooding where the full power of a 200/201 is not required and you just end up hauling a relatively heavy saw around.

I was taking off 15cm diameter ash limbs with no trouble, felled 3 small dead pittosporums (20cm) and used it to lift a few palms. For small jobs like this a 200/201 isn't really necessary and the 150 was perfect.

I havn't been using it long enough to comment on it's reliability/build quailty.

ms150tc.jpg.06eaee829e99283e18df73353220a6cd.jpg