Ms150 truly awesome little saw

Gardenmac

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I carve with the 150 rear handle all standard set up 10" bar. Hardly ever use full chat in fact sometimes I with the clutch would cut in earlier so I could use lower revs just on the odd occasion. due to the thin kerf of the chain it's not bad for blocking out the odd little bit if I cant be bothered to fire up the 260.

Had the local Stihl dealer pestering us to take one on trial and give him some feedback. Really wasn't keen;

Too small, under powered, stick with the 200t etc. well, I take it back. Probably no good for a big butty take down but for a day of pruning its fantastic. Lite, easy to use and surprisingly grunty. Both myself and my 2ic were impressed. We can get it for almost half the price of a 201 and for that, it makes a good back up. With the finer chain on it, it produces super fine finishing cuts more akin to a silky saw. I'm taking it out again tomorrow for another blast. After yesterday's high expectations and dismal outcome with the 540t, today was the exact opposite.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Had the local Stihl dealer pestering us to take one on trial and give him some feedback. Really wasn't keen;

Too small, under powered, stick with the 200t etc. well, I take it back. Probably no good for a big butty take down but for a day of pruning its fantastic. Lite, easy to use and surprisingly grunty. Both myself and my 2ic were impressed. We can get it for almost half the price of a 201 and for that, it makes a good back up. With the finer chain on it, it produces super fine finishing cuts more akin to a silky saw. I'm taking it out again tomorrow for another blast. After yesterday's high expectations and dismal outcome with the 540t, today was the exact opposite.

Now try and convince the rest of the kiwi arbs that mate , it's a great little saw isn't it.

Wait till you try one that has had the exhaust drilled, it goes much better, picks up the revs cleaner & has more power.:001_smile:

Now try and convince the rest of the kiwi arbs that mate , it's a great little saw isn't it.

Yeah bro, for sure. Like I say; don't think I'd want to do a heap of big work with it but if all you're doing is street tree pruning, conny topping or fine work then it's an absolute ripper.