Husqvarna flippy caps.

Mark_Skyland

What's wrong with the standard screw cap?

The screw caps on the 346 work perfectly for me. Never need tools and never leak. The flippy caps on my MS 460 are pain in the ###

Yes, they do work, but for some reason the oil cap on my 346xp tightens when using the saw, demanding a heavy hand or screwdriver to undo at refuel stops, I like the look of these for a bit more grip in undoing the caps on cold winter days, first thing in the morning. I'm a gadget man really!:001_smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to say anything but i have the same problem with my caps tightening themselves i thought it was old age setting in but i fill better now.

Even if I just nip mine up gently, after some cutting they will not budge by hand,& can be touch & go with a tool. I think it's vibration causing them to tighten, not the end of the world, but the new caps might be worth me trying out.:001_smile:

I'm not saying that your not getting old though!:biggrin:

The cap is only available in the large size so it will fit quite a lot of other models that I haven't listed on the web site. Husqvarna only specify those that I have listed.

So it will fit the 576, 395, 3120, 357 262 etc etc but not the 346 or 550. It should fit the fuel tank of the 346 but not the oil tank and it looks like it wont fit either tank of the 550.

Im not going to be held to this but as a general rule 50cc and below not much chance over 50cc probably will fit. Hopefully thats vague enough for me not to be sued if someone leaks oil on their boots.:001_smile::blushing:

As for the which is better husky V stihl cap, well that could be a whole new line of threads!

It isnt a quick release like the Stihl but then again you will know 100% if its in properly or not. Seems strong enough but only time will tell.The husky one is quite a bit more expensive.

They are quite well designed though, you can push the dimply grippy bit which will pop the flip bit out so if slippy/oily or wearing gloves etc there wont be any messing about trying to get your finger under the flip bit.

There is also a slot under the flip part so if it has been overtightened or done the magical thing of tightening itself for no reason, which I have a theory on but need to check it out:laugh1: you can get a combi spanner in there for an extra bit of purchase. Spring that keeps the flip bit down seems strong enough too.

Hopefully they will release one for the 550XP and T540XP soon which should cover more or less everything else.

The cap is only available in the large size so it will fit quite a lot of other models that I haven't listed on the web site. Husqvarna only specify those that I have listed.

So it will fit the 576, 395, 3120, 357 262 etc etc but not the 346 or 550. It should fit the fuel tank of the 346 but not the oil tank and it looks like it wont fit either tank of the 550.

Im not going to be held to this but as a general rule 50cc and below not much chance over 50cc probably will fit. Hopefully thats vague enough for me not to be sued if someone leaks oil on their boots.:001_smile::blushing:

As for the which is better husky V stihl cap, well that could be a whole new line of threads!

It isnt a quick release like the Stihl but then again you will know 100% if its in properly or not. Seems strong enough but only time will tell.The husky one is quite a bit more expensive.

They are quite well designed though, you can push the dimply grippy bit which will pop the flip bit out so if slippy/oily or wearing gloves etc there wont be any messing about trying to get your finger under the flip bit.

There is also a slot under the flip part so if it has been overtightened or done the magical thing of tightening itself for no reason, which I have a theory on but need to check it out:laugh1: you can get a combi spanner in there for an extra bit of purchase. Spring that keeps the flip bit down seems strong enough too.

Hopefully they will release one for the 550XP and T540XP soon which should cover more or less everything else.

It'll fit any normal sized cap, so it'll fit a 236/240 and any of the other homeowner saws, spoke about it at the APF in 2012

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It'll fit any normal sized cap, so it'll fit a 236/240 and any of the other homeowner saws, spoke about it at the APF in 2012

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

No I dont think it will fit any of those saws. The thread is a different pitch and size IIRC.

Will find out tomorrow when Im back in the shop.

• 5 months later...