Being prepared "just in case" something goes wrong.

Andy Collins

Just a heads up guys in case you did not know ok. I know Andy could not reach his phone but if he did you can set up an Emergency SMS to alert rescue services. I know this might be a pain working on different sites every day, changing the location but might help someone. You register your mobile on the site below, get a txt back to confirm.

SMS to the emergency services | EmergencySMS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are alright Andy, takes something like this to realise where the gaps in your preparedness are. But is also shows how some of the basic preparations can make such an important difference. First aid kit, mobile phone, knowledge of appropriate action to take.

Iknow of something similar happening but the object was a small piece of wire which punctured the heart of the operator and caused some really serious health issues.

As a side note to climbers I would recommend checking your systems allows for a controlled one handed descent before you need it. It could make a big difference. One big plus for lockjack users.

Anyway sorry for derail.

I didn't photo the "wound" because it really is that small and insignificant. But the pressure that it pumps out is astounding. I haven't written this thread to make something of nothing, more to show that in the simplest situations, if things go a little wrong they can still have potentially serious circumstances.

I did skip what caused the wound, unintentionally. I was brush cutting and a flake of flint pinged away from the blade and nicked my artery in my forearm. I'd considered wearing gauntlets, due to thorns, but discounted them. I wore normal gloves, gauntlets would have saved me the hassle later. That's life.

Script writing for the soaps...hmmm I may need to consider a career change, but good tip, :thumbup: