William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought as much. We Also supplied the cocktail incorporating CS that was used to quell the Waco siege. CS is allegedly harmless in an open environment, but when used with an explosive propellant in a closed environment it have have fatal properties. I understand we had observers from Porton Down on the scene watching the effects as the ATF and FBI took control of the situation. Funny how we now criticise others for repeating our own actions, as it suits.

Knowing us, both. At some point, we appear to supply all sorts of weapons to which ever side we think may have a future influence on our own interests, whatever they are.

Don't forget, the vote of inaction against Hitler by our government of the day led to one of the biggest human tragedies of all time, I honestly don't think we as a nation can ever just sit back and let history repeat itself, wherever it occurs in the world. I'm not saying we have the right to be an International Police, but whenever any atrocity happens, we should stand up against it and protect the civilian population.

So rhetorical question of the day....who are the uk most likely to sell these chemicals to...the Syrian government or the rebels?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Trouble here is towns / areas get taken over by each side, what may have been in the position of one group can easy fall into another's hands, proving who actually used the stuff can get very difficult in the fog of war, & whoever used it will have calculated that it was worth the risk.

But undoubtedly the Ass Gov had the stuff, whether it was captured or supplied to the opposition by outside parties, then used would be hard to ascertain.

Claims are that it has been used on numerous separate occasions in this conflict, which would point more at the gov being the perps.

Knowing us, both. At some point, we appear to supply all sorts of weapons to which ever side we think may have a future influence on our own interests, whatever they are.

Don't forget, the vote of inaction against Hitler by our government of the day led to one of the biggest human tragedies of all time, I honestly don't think we as a nation can ever just sit back and let history repeat itself, wherever it occurs in the world. I'm not saying we have the right to be an International Police, but whenever any atrocity happens, we should stand up against it and protect the civilian population.

The vote of inaction against Hitler was unavoidable due to the chronic underspending on defence in the 1930s. Britain was in no way ready to stand-up to Hitler before 1939, and in fact was barely able then either. :001_smile: