Rogue Traders - Monday 16 March - Rogue Tree Surgeons

Honey Bros

I cant believe that a lot of you think it is sort of acceptable :ohmy:

Just because he was an old dodery guy doesnt mean he was innocent, do you remember he said the tree needed felling while he was deciding if it was a laurel or not!

Would have liked to see a lot more carnage though :001_smile:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they stuck around for a conversation about what they did and took notice of the advice given....... that says something on its own.

i'll not defend what they did or how they did it, but how many new to the industry wannabe newbies do we all now of that cannot sharpen a saw and would make do with whatever equipment they can get hold of.

as mentioned earlier it was more a case of ignorance

I have a great respect for all you climbers but this program has not done the profession any favours. The conclusion to the program should have been a professional climber with all the right safety gear climbing the tree and taking out the dead wood as originally highlighted in a safe and effective manner. Instead the public thinks that all tree surgeons carry ladders and those with the longest ladders do the tallest trees. They also glossed over the disposal of the tree when on the previous job the council had to clear his timber away. Another opportunity to show a professional outfit taking the logs away and chipping on site.

FOR SALE - 1 used scaffolders harness, would suit budding tree surgeon + 1 GQ parrashutes tree climbing harness ideal for DIY bollock surgery. LOL:scared1:

my first harness was a baw- cruncher. i got some blue 3 strand rope and just tied it on witha couple of big granny knots, i didnt have a prussik didnt even know what one was. i would pull myself up and tie another big knot when i was in position, it wasnt one of my best inventions, hell maybe it was. but i didnt have any money and no one to show me. oh and the old husky with no chain break wasnt cool:scared1:

my first harness was a baw- cruncher. i got some blue 3 strand rope and just tied it on witha couple of big granny knots, i didnt have a prussik didnt even know what one was. i would pull myself up and tie another big knot when i was in position, it wasnt one of my best inventions, hell maybe it was. but i didnt have any money and no one to show me. oh and the old husky with no chain break wasnt cool:scared1:

Fair play to you stevie.:001_smile: