Security issue and camera advice needed

scraggs

After having our red stolen from the machines for the second time in 3 weeks and along with various other kit stolen in the last year I think time has come to try sort out some security/camera system for the machines out in the field if possible.

I have searched through loads of threads and have an idea or two but I need something that will be clear at night but the only place I am going to be able to put a camera will be on the machine roofs or somewhere similar, we move about a fair bit so on ocassion might be able to put it in a tree.

I will need something that calls me to tell me it has been activated but also send footage to my and another persons phone aswell as upload to web storage in case no one is about but also incase the camera is spotted and stolen itself.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, as I have really had enough of this now.

you can get security measures which you put a chip in machine. when you finish you either use a keypad or a fob to imbolise the unit if it is at all tampered with it sets off a alarm. to your phone. and to the firm who monitor them so the police can be called. the last bit if they turn up in time.

as for cameras if they see them all they will do is wreck them and may cause more damage to tractor. there are wildlife cameras you can put in trees which are triggered by movement and take still footage on to a ssd card or sent to your phone. smartwater do products. one sprays a chemical with your postcode dna on to the theifs. how it would work mounted to a tractor i do not know.

Those types of cameras are good, it might be worth putting up an old big one as well that people see (doesn't have to work) and then one of those small ones that people don't see. :)

There was an article in the farmers weekly a couple of weeks ago about the legal side of things if you know someone with a copy and want to know about that sort of thing.

• 3 months later...