Lowering device.

High Scale

I would love one myself but just dont do enough big take downs to warrent one.........you could probably get one fabricated like kims and frans have done.....i especially like the idea of frans's mini version! but realistically its gonna cost around after purchasing a self tailing winch man enough around £700 mininum ,then its not ce marked....not garunteed or tested.and ive been fine with out one !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I understand your opinion correctly -

You feel that Greg Good is extorting money from his customers - and that he should listen to you and build his lowering device much cheaper....? and that this would be an improvement?

correct

He should find ways to reduce cost of the unit then he will shift more which is the whole idea. Your so dramatic extoriting thats ur word sunny.

My entire point in the first place was why is it so expensive?

Here is the straight scoop, telhol:

After the purchase of the winch unit, welding, x-raying, powder coating, and purchase of the load strap hardware, Greg has a resulting profit of under 300 dollars. Less when he sells in bulk to major suppliers.

The idea of making money from the invention is to sell lots of them. This is a common profit margin as anyone who has done due diligence would know.

I ask you, why have you not taken even the slightest effort to research the cost of the Harken winch, which is available on line? You would know the starting costs of making a device. Then start talking to folks who make stuff and sell the product.

Research on the internet is so easy that to not do it tells me that you are incapable or unwilling to apply yourself. Anyone can type their opinion on the internet.

Maybe enroll in a college study program to better yourself and improve your ability to think? Just a suggestion.

Oh, and learn to spell. Your sentence structure and spelling is that of a child, not an adult.

So if I understand your opinion correctly -

You feel that Greg Good is extorting money from his customers - and that he should listen to you and build his lowering device much cheaper....? and that this would be an improvement?

Make it out of plastic and ally that would make it nice and cheap to build i reckon. Maybe get Greg to ship the plans out to China Frans ;)

Here is the straight scoop, telhol:

After the purchase of the winch unit, welding, x-raying, powder coating, and purchase of the load strap hardware, Greg has a resulting profit of under 300 dollars. Less when he sells in bulk to major suppliers.

The idea of making money from the invention is to sell lots of them. This is a common profit margin as anyone who has done due diligence would know.

I ask you, why have you not taken even the slightest effort to research the cost of the Harken winch, which is available on line? You would know the starting costs of making a device. Then start talking to folks who make stuff and sell the product.

Research on the internet is so easy that to not do it tells me that you are incapable or unwilling to apply yourself. Anyone can type their opinion on the internet.

Maybe enroll in a college study program to better yourself and improve your ability to think? Just a suggestion.

Oh, and learn to spell. Your sentence structure and spelling is that of a child, not an adult.

How hard was that finally an answer to a question. Oh yes i will go to college just to learn about a winch WTF. maybe you should.

I was given some degree of an answer followed by an idiotic comment which i decided to reply to by now you shud have realised i will address any negative comment.

Oh and mr ed i was a little rude to you and i apologise for that some times heat of the moment.

Originally Posted by telhol

Kim how much was your device

made it myself the winch is a 46 harken total cost 2000 australian dollars

Here is where your question was answered promptly and respectfully telhol.

I have not used the Haultz lowering device. But after checking it out, http://www.haultz.com/features.html

I decided that I didn't like it. Seems too bulky, sticks out from the trunk fairly far, looks top heavy with the strap on the bottom, rotates/flaps from side to side, and I am not sure if you can load it midline.

But,

Not having used it, I will reserve my opinion.

It may be a great device, for example

check out the Blockdriver. Lots of negative response, but overall a workable device which has its place in tree work.

So who knows about or has personal experience with the Haultz?

Anyone?

It sure has been out there for awhile