Stihl 4mix kombi engine

L200

I like 4mix but haven't really had stihl 2mix before.

I need kombi system as my business is small at the moment and having 5 or 6 dedicated units would be a waste of £ and space..

Both my engines are less than year old. Think about 8 months.

Filter gets soaked sometimes if laid down other than upright but it wasn't the issue in this case as I took it off and cranked it up with no better results.

Have to work with it today though and after that I'll do valve clearance ( have gauge from stihl )

Will see how that helps.

Hope I won't snap the valve beforehand

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4-mix engine has to have the valves checked regularly and Stihl have sent dealers a Stihl feeler gauge to do the job. It is not unknown for the valves to drop into the engine. I know of one brand new one that did not make it out of the showroom.

The 4-mix suffers from carbon build up so Stihl have said to use the low soot HP ultra 2stroke. Aspen2 is even cleaner than HP because of the fuel being cleaner and the oil being high grade. So run on Aspen and get those valves checked!

Hope this helps

All the best

Eddie

Eddie I think I have discussed this on here before with you but when I spoke to stihl and so did my dealer they would not honour the warranty unless stihl hp was used and that included aspen ... Only stihl.. So my warranty was void when it dropped a valve because I ran aspen .... I don't blame it on running aspen just that these units are unreliable and the absolute arogance of stihl to tell me it was my fault there units are fine is complete BS.. No more stihl gear for me.

Eddie, but of a de rail here but is aspen going to work with husky auto tune or could that be why I had so many problems with my 560. The guy who bought it from me says its fine with him and he uses normal horrid fuel.

Sent from Outerspace.

Eddie, but of a de rail here but is aspen going to work with husky auto tune or could that be why I had so many problems with my 560. The guy who bought it from me says its fine with him and he uses normal horrid fuel.

Sent from Outerspace.

My 560 ran great on aspen

Started better hot or cold yhan pump fuel.

Oh well the mystery deepens:(

Sent from Outerspace.

Sorry not the answer you were looking for.

Think you got a Friday night saw, mine has beem faultless. .....

...so far!

Which is more than can be said gor my 261.

Sent from Outerspace.

Hi, it should be fine. I was speaking to the husky rep the other day and he says Aspen will be fine all of their products. But not the disc cutter with oil guard system because it will not detect the oil in Aspen2 as it has to he Husky's special oil for that system. Husky sell Aspen so they recommend it as the fuel of choice!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Eddie