Undercut by a pro today

Shane

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at a 40ft pine tree a while back, single stem, not much foliage, but a phone wire running through it.Striking distance of the house and a fence.

I said 200, brashings chipped a left on site at their request.Even said i`d ring up the stem.Thought it would be a mornings work.

Get a phone call that the womans husband had come home and `hit the roof` at the price and had someone to do it for fifty quid.

Good luck with that.

how that kind of stuff annoys me whos doing what wrong lol

Yes they are cheaper and do they same quality job, and for small tree works and grass cutting etc I would probably go for the bloke in the saloon car and trailer if I was Joe Public. (VAT would be a factor as well)

I've been there and am not going to sneer at others in the same boat.

I sort of agree although in my experience its a false perception that the chap in the car, no hi'vis or PPE is cheaper than a professional outfit who'll complete the job safely in half the time for the same final cost.

I tend to think the main annoyance is the money we as an industry shell out to meet all the regs/training that are set out to protect us, etc and anyone can buy a machine, use it with no safety or training whatsoever. Surely there needs to be better regs, ie you can't buy equipment without proving you can use it. i.e suitable training.

Didn't i hear a statistic that one of the main A and E walk in's is the fella thats cut his finger off or similer while attempting DIY without safety protection. :nurse: