Product to seal cut wound on tree?

PHAS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

As previously suggested, dont cut right back leave a bit spare & avoid the use of Arborex as this just seals bacteria in and often results in a soggy goo forming beneath the 'protective' seal.

N

Ah, so concrete is the new way forward:thumbup::lol:

Real sorry to the OP, I was jesting about the arborex. If you do a little research you may find details on the product, it was used almost religiously in years gone by. Then came along a guy called Dr Shigo, who, simply put, changed the worldwide understanding of trees. Arborex had been given a death sentence, and has been long gone, yet there are some guys (possibly as long in the teeth as me!) who remember its widespread use.

As said, it was proven to cause more problems than it cured, usually creating an ideal world for pathogen.

It almost sounds like the tree has a limited lifetime left now due to the amount of cavities in the stem, but in my first post I mentioned leaving the stub long. This would be best if possible, otherwise just prune as good to the collar as you can and leave all alone.

Sorry for the slight derail, I've been in a naughty mood!:blushing::biggrin:

Edited by 18 stoner

Arborex was around years ago then people decided by the time you applied it , the wound could already have been infected from your saw or from the air , leave it to sort it's self out

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well from the look of it, won't sort itself out just decline and fail! Be one for you that will, 20 ton of beech fire wood :-)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App