Chris and Paul's "Bang Tidy" thread.

silky fox

Its not as bad as i sometimes make out although in past experiences in life i have found if you dont buy new it will end up costing me more in the long term

I always strive to get the best that i can afford or should i say more than i can afford. Ive not paid myself a wage from the business this year at all

I sometimes think if i dont pay myself a wage what is the point but Arb is my hobby and my obsession, i am not planning on paying myself a huge wage next year either, i will be concentrating on paying off the Bang Tidy and the Vermeer.

HI CHRIS all the best mate with it i will get you some lilly soon mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Its not as bad as i sometimes make out although in past experiences in life i have found if you dont buy new it will end up costing me more in the long term

I always strive to get the best that i can afford or should i say more than i can afford. Ive not paid myself a wage from the business this year at all

I sometimes think if i dont pay myself a wage what is the point but Arb is my hobby and my obsession, i am not planning on paying myself a huge wage next year either, i will be concentrating on paying off the Bang Tidy and the Vermeer.

so what do you live of ???:001_rolleyes::wink:

Had an emergency job to attend to today, well so I thought! Had a phone call saying there is a tree down over a driveway and could i go up and clear it? Yes no problem, so told the lads, we finished off where we were working and headed up. 20 min drive and this is what we found...

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1381863912.622140.jpg.e880e9ff0aa753a8167184e525be4447.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1381863930.241976.jpg.b9e4b2a54c6f04268e8fedd6f0687c26.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1381863945.575660.jpg.991813d7674dd24d1f2ab780683cf6d9.jpg

After an inspection the beech that had fallen was riddled with hunny fungus and the base of the tree was totally shot, so much so that we could grab handfull after handfull of mush which was once solid timber! When the tree came down it had uprooted a yew and a semi mature oak too.

We then went on to inspect the rest of the small woodland that was made up of mostly mature 60-120 ft beech, a good amount of yew and a hand full of pine.

One pine was uprooted and hung up, another dead beech was uprooted and hung up and 6 or so big big beech with ganoderma.

They are getting 2 more quotes so ill find out if ive got it tomorrow, from their urgency on the phone this morning they gave the impression i had the job... If id known that id have gone up after work and not cut todays job short which had a knock on affect making us late for the afternoons job.

They are getting 2 more quotes so ill find out if ive got it tomorrow, from their urgency on the phone this morning they gave the impression i had the job... If id known that id have gone up after work and not cut todays job short which had a knock on affect making us late for the afternoons job.

That's how it is sometimes though mate, you have to take the rough with the smooth. We all get em like that, I had a guy once give me the impression I had the job, I did 2 site visits and it was a good 40 mins drive, treated me like a long lost brother, he rang me up to give me the job or so I thought but in fact told me he had got a cheaper quote but thanks for all my help and he would get in touch when he needed more work pricing, I told him not to bother and to go forth and multiply with himself:)

I hate that, I got called out to an 'emergency job' one evening last year. Was told tree was perilously hung up. Managed to get a mate (who is also tree surgeon) at short notice to join me. Turned out they were just getting prices, it was bloody dark!!!

He has a tennant in the house that the tree is blocking and he is bothered about saving maybe £100

Sometimes not getting jobs for that sort of client is a blessing as if the work did come your way they tend to be a pain in the chuffer! To say the least...

Spot on pal. It's not worth degrading your time and effort quibbling with these people, especially if you've got plenty of work booked from people happy to pay for your service.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!