Chris and Paul's "Bang Tidy" thread.

silky fox

Last climb for the apprentice before the end of the day...branch removal in hand held sections....again, he nailed it! A couple of weeks ago he wss up a 10 foot apple and now he's on his way to becoming a climber...and im sure a lead climber one day...he is steady and calculating. He is learning fast and when I'm coaching him through the job he is a great pupil to work with...Good on ya Conner! You did excellent yesterday...I'm proud of ya! And Chris was telling me how pleased he is of your progress...keep it up....onwards and upwards:)

1384495346186.jpg.7bd9371d8c6460845dd5dcedb25a48a6.jpg

I've been following this thread from the start, but never posted anything. So thought i'd better make a contribution!

Looks like Chris is a fantastic arborist and boss, its great to see a young lad like myself being given the opportunity to learn on the job. He seems to be able to learn at his own pace and with two experienced and down to earth guys he'll go far. I went to college for two years studying arboriculture and i believe after doing that i would have much prefered an opportunity like you have given Conor to work with a crew in the industry.

Down my way theres no opportunity like this and its mostly big firms who have their lead climbers and don't seem to want to give kids the opportunity.

Keep up the good work!

James.

I've been following this thread from the start, but never posted anything. So thought i'd better make a contribution!

Looks like Chris is a fantastic arborist and boss, its great to see a young lad like myself being given the opportunity to learn on the job. He seems to be able to learn at his own pace and with two experienced and down to earth guys he'll go far. I went to college for two years studying arboriculture and i believe after doing that i would have much prefered an opportunity like you have given Conor to work with a crew in the industry.

Down my way theres no opportunity like this and its mostly big firms who have their lead climbers and don't seem to want to give kids the opportunity.

Keep up the good work!

James.

You're quite right James.

I've had two apprentices and while I would have another, both previous developed egos and had to go.

It's a 50/50 thing. The apprentice has to put in an equal effort to the employer but the problem arises when the apprentice doesn't understand the concept of loyalty.

I hope it works out for all of them. Conor won't appreciate how much Chris is giving him until he's 6yrs down the line.