Thank you spam spotters...

Amelanchier

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Arbtalk for emailing me to notify me that someone tried to log in to my account! And thanks for the ip address. It belongs to China Mobile Communications Corporation, so I guess they're Spammers too?!

Time to make a longer password I think.....

I'd be surprised if they try to log into the same account again, but im not entirely sure. I think their software is probably systematically working its way through the member list. Only 2 accounts have been compromised to my knowledge since they started some 4 or 5 weeks ago, so not a bad record really.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email as well. The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

Pretty close to what happened on another forum a couple of weeks ago, they seem to have gone from there now.

"The same thing is happening to me from IP 117.169.1.196"

"Yep, they tried to get me too. IP - 117.169.1.217. Bastards!"

All China Mobile Communications Corporation, Beijing.