Little wenlock burner

oasispta

Ok no worries bud but Building work is not that daunting really . You could easily open it out to suit . Use vermiculite board to finish the aperture and plaster over . Jobs a goodun ! :001_smile:

Like this ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont be cheap but the sallest Burley , Debdale I think its called Nominal 4kw and a claimed 89.8% efficiency . I have the larger Holleywell and it the best thing I have ever bought .

HI MATE cheap stove are in the long run are not a good buy mate as they eat LOGS but like stubby said 90% thats good so better getting a better stove thanks jon :thumbup:

HI STUBBY the dog like it mate looks a nice job there mate jon :thumbup:

Hi jon . How youy dooin Bud . Yea the old spaniel loves it . Poor old girl . I took her to the vets today for her annual check up and she has got a heart murmur . She is THE most loyal dog I have ever had ( and I've had a few spaniels ) , 14 now . Dreading the day mate , love her to bits .....

We have a little Hunter Hawk stove, I fitted it about 12 years ago. It stands about 650mm high with the flue fitting on top and gives 5kw of heat burning wood according to the write ups. Here's a stock picture of it from the web.

hunter-hawk-4-wood-burning-stove-1090-p.jpg

300 quid for a stove, on ebay you might get an half tidy one, but the odds are against it.

Buy a new stove of decent quality, 530mm opening height, that sounds like a standard fireplace opening. ( 16 x 21 inches). If so install an inset stove into it. I do have a customer with an Esse 301 inset for sale, we installed it for the previous owner in early 2011, the new house owners want a gas stove instead that we are installing in a few weeks. PM me for further details.

A

Cheers all, just purchased the attached for £180 with a few adjustments to make, flue collar, blanking plate etc :-)

@ stubby, it's not the building work that's daunting, it's the mrs, after she's just papered and the fireplace surround has been put in.

I was really just after a stop-gap burner and I'm hoping once I'm done with this, it'll be just the job.

One question though! None of the panels are cracked,but the joins seem like they could do with a bit of filling, is it just a matter of fire cement between the joins? And before it's mentioned, I've already stripped the 'bodge-it' fire cement :-)

image.jpg.01345fb5c90419bd2b45a12bf7d1abf3.jpg