Our other halves.

Bren.

My other half is the complete opposite of me. Salt of the earth, 9-5er, real proud home bird. And most significantly wouldn't be seen dead on the end of a rigging line whilst im putting in the felling cut.

But I think opposites attract and I really respect my wife. She is my rock and without her I would be one chromosome away from happily living in a shed and using my ms361 as a pillow ready for that next job!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some sort of strange force at work here that attracts nurses to Arb Talkers?

Seems to be an awful lot of them.

Perhaps it's the other way round, and somewhere deep down we all know we're might get hurt one day, and need someone to dress our wounds?

My wife is a renal nurse, but is just changing to do health visiting, been together 27 years and she has done her fair share of dragging brash and towing plant and machinery, her best achievement by far is putting up with me for so long.

Loving the honesty , Putting up with you for so long . :lol: I dont know how mine has put up withme either :biggrin:

If it wasn't for the other half I'd be living at best in a tatty old caravan somewhere in a wood, and at worst in a cave somewhere. She looks after me brilliantly well, has been dragged across more clearfell and re-stock sites than she'd care to mention and knows more about chainsaws and land-rovers than she ever thought possible when we got together at 17. Hard to believe she's put up with me this long, I'm hoping I can fool her into another 20 years.:thumbup:

On the back of this I should mention at this point I'm still waiting to leave for the show.

The other half has decided that her hair is a mess and is getting it cut before we leave. So this will mean waiting for cutting, show after, then changed and finally getting out the door.

Should be there just in time for the evening entertainment. :lol:

But I still love her.

My other half works as manager of an out of school club. Been together 2.5 years now and still haven't killed each other yet as we're both aries as we both have the same birthday including the year and we both have irish ancestry with the temper to match. I wouldn't change her for anybody.

On the back of this I should mention at this point I'm still waiting to leave for the show.

The other half has decided that her hair is a mess and is getting it cut before we leave. So this will mean waiting for cutting, show after, then changed and finally getting out the door.

Should be there just in time for the evening entertainment. :lol:

But I still love her.

Oh yeah that's the other thing I've learnt about them.