The cheek

sasha.p

Be careful with your dog my daughters working cocker spaniel is now recovering from organo phosphate poisioning. Fortunately my daughter is a vet and recognised the symptoms and more importantly the vets she worked for had the right medicine on the shelf otherwise we would have lost the dog. Cannot believe anyone would stoop so low as to poisioning animals.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unforchantly if your dog did bite on of these people it would most likely end up in your dog being taken by the police and you going to court to battle against your dog being put down.

Im a BIPDT dog handler and the last thing I want is my dog to bite some one as if it did happen and there was only myself and the other person there its only my word against theres.

Sites I work on there deterants and last resort protection for me.

Its like saying I have shot gun inside and ill get it out and shoot them in the legs you will just get into trouble.

have the dog on a lead an get them to bark up they will soon be off!

What training do you do with your dog?

Mines a decendent from atom banasi and kobold von kathargo.

Unforchantly if your dog did bite on of these people it would most likely end up in your dog being taken by the police and you going to court to battle against your dog being put down.

Im a BIPDT dog handler and the last thing I want is my dog to bite some one as if it did happen and there was only myself and the other person there its only my word against theres.

Sites I work on there deterants and last resort protection for me.

Its like saying I have shot gun inside and ill get it out and shoot them in the legs you will just get into trouble.

have the dog on a lead an get them to bark up they will soon be off!

What training do you do with your dog?

Mines a decendent from atom banasi and kobold von kathargo.

No, it isn't the same. In the case of the shotgun, you are showing pre-meditation and unreasonable force in the eyes of the law. If you have your dog in a secure area that belongs to you with adequate signage warning people both to keep out and that there is one or more dogs loose inside, then any injury received by them would be viewed completely differently. :001_smile:

The original poster said she would let her dogs hold them until the police arrived. The dog can do considerable damage and would that be seen reasonable force, that would be for the courts to decide and not a situation I would want to be in with my dog.

This article puts it better that I did but its dodgy ground that's all im saying, I would just hate to think the girl would let here dog attack them and get pts.

What if my dog bites an intruder? | Paws Around Berkshire

The shot gun bit yeah it is different as you would be in deep trouble fire arms offences, I ment the intention of getting a weopon to do someone damage be it gun, bat, iron bar dog etc

Any ways hope they don't come back and if they do the dogs will bark and they go away.

If you have gates wrap a thick motorbike chain round. Laminated poster saying no cold callers and cctv active. Also a beware dogs and maybe one with a picture of rotty on it.

If the gate looks awkward they aint going to want that between them and freedom if a rotty is chasing them

The main point is that a gun requires your input and to post a warning saying trespassers will be shot is completely out of the question. A dog, however, is a living thing which, if you are not present at the time of trespass (assuming not Breaking and Entering) and trespassers are warned that (a) they are not invited in so are therefore trespassers and (b) there are dogs loose on the premises, makes the matter Occupier's Liability as opposed to a Firearms Offence. By them entering where they are trespassing and you warning of the danger inside, the odds are rather on your side if it came to court. It's all about that wonderful legal definition 'reasonable'. :001_smile:

there is a little known fact under british law called the judges act, It states the use of force, including lethal force against yourself , or those in your protection is permissable a small search on what and how you are actually allowed to protect yourself is invalueble, the police force in this country havent got a clue, and make it up as they go along. they are only interested in making any easy buck