What ground saw is best these days?

sammym

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50:1 is to light it's hard to even tell if a can of petrol is mixed or not it should be slightly darker which 40:1 gives you high revving saws need the extra bit ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Arbtalk mobile app

I agree that oil manufacturers should put a stronger dye in the oil. Green oils mixed into petrol can be particularly hard to judge.

50 to 1 is fine with good quality oil in a modern pro saw.

50:1 is to light it's hard to even tell if a can of petrol is mixed or not it should be slightly darker which 40:1 gives you high revving saws need the extra bit ;)

Hi revving saws need the right mix . Fully synth 50:1 is what is recommended . If you are basing your argument on the color of the fuel then I don't tghink that is a valid argument . You mix the fuel , you know whats in it surely ?

Ya do mix it yourself but another person can easily mistake it

When you put extra oil in the mix " just to be on the safe side " you are actually impairing the performance of the saw . Putting less petrol through the saw also coking it up more quickly . As long as you use good quality fully synthetic oil like the Husky XP and Stihl whatever its called or even better Red Line Racing 2t that me and some others use ( see the thread What oil ) 50:1 is better . All my saws are ported and so rev higher than standard and all run on Red line at 50:1 no problems ...

Maybe your right but about four different Husky mechanics have told me that my mix was way to light. when my saws went for repair I was told my mix is way to light, and a bit of metal was found stuck above the spark plug that came of the engine on my ms 181, and I was told that's because my mix was way to light. I was told 100 ml to 5 litres by all of them ! I always used 50:1 xp oil in all my gear.

Maybe your right but about four different Husky mechanics have told me that my mix was way to light. when my saws went for repair I was told my mix is way to light, and a bit of metal was found stuck above the spark plug that came of the engine on my ms 181, and I was told that's because my mix was way to light. I was told 100 ml to 5 litres by all of them ! I always used 50:1 xp oil in all my gear.

'The mix is too light' is a common statement from many a poor excuse for a mechanic who can't be bothered/doesn't know how to look for other causes.