Going through the (tree)motions

RobRainford

I'm thinking if going for a new harness at some point in the near future. My sequoia has done me well however I'm starting to find it a bit small and cuts into me a bit at times.

My next one I have decided will be a tree motion. However I'm looking at the tree motion v2 with the backpad and a few extra bits. Then there's the lightweight that looks exactly the same minus the backpad.

Anybody have experience with the lighter one or know if its still any good? Is the extra 50 quid worth it for the 'full package' tree motion v2?

Cheers!

Your getting fat :001_tt2:

I like my tree motion :thumbup1:

Cheeky bugger! :001_tongue:

Ill have you know I've lost weight these past couple weeks.

I tried one once but the leg loops were way too tight so it wasn't comfy. The back felt nice. I'm just wondering what exactly the difference between the v2 and lightweight are! They both seem exactly the same!

I've had a tree motion for years and years. Had two actually. I tried the light one at the Arb show and from what I remember it didn't have leg or waist buckles. I was told it was mainly for the comp climbers. I've bought the back padding for my old tree motion add it was worn away and it's like a brand new harness again.:thumbup:

One thing I will say though, is watch out for the leg elastic as it gets caught and snaps quite a lot. Get yourself some spare to keep in your kit bag.

I'll second that. Careful when it does get caught because when it lets got it gives you one hell of a twang on the posterior!

Had a treemotion for years and love it like no other:thumbup: everybody is different though

Edited by taffupatree
spelling

I'll second that. Careful when it does get caught because when it lets got it gives you one hell of a twang on the posterior!

Had a treemotion for years and love it like no other:thumbup: everybody is different though

I get that with the sequoia. It's got two wide ish bands of elastic that can make your eyes water on a cold day!