Bandit chippers

simonm

Have a 95, bought it new last year.... It's poo

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

What a stupid post. It's unfair and unintelligent to make such a statement without giving us reasons why.

Bandit are one of the market leaders globally and that doesn't happen by accident.

If I was going to buy a 9" chipper (or bigger) it would be a Bandit, no question at all.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid post. It's unfair and unintelligent to make such a statement without giving us reasons why.

Bandit are one of the market leaders globally and that doesn't happen by accident.

If I was going to buy a 9" chipper (or bigger) it would be a Bandit, no question at all.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

agreed; hate it when peeps do that; one word, no explanation and no return to the forum for 9 years! :001_rolleyes:

How do they compare with Vermeer? Think Morbark would give them a run for their money...

I dunno, I once had a poo in a Bandit but that was just because it was owned by a competitor.

Mind you, I do have a high fibre diet and so I hope it perhaps it took the edge off the blades.

I've used and looked closely at Bandit models.

I have seen 10year old models re-sprayed and serviced to look and run as new. Solidly built in in thick steel.

But for me, they are a step too far for now (in terms of weight) except for the grinders which are pure aspiration for us.

That 80hp posted by Dean gives me dreams beyond all Ken...

Thank you for calling me stupid, unfair and unintelligent :)

Here are my reasons why (from a previous thread)

Originally Posted by Taupotreeman

What's wrong with it, out of curiosity? We have a 990 drum and its a fantastic bit of kit.

Hi Ian. Maybe I'm been a bit harsh, i am very disappointed with it though. It was a new 95 bought 6 months ago. It seems to get jammed easy with timber, no auto feed, no hour clock, no rev counter, when I first got it the murphy switch kept on engaging turning the machine off. Bits of chip gets caught between the feed roller housing and push into the flywheel bearing. The first two days I had it, it was in the engineers.

I was looking at a 990, was wanting a drum chipper but just couldn't afford one. Like I said maybe I'm been a bit critical, but what I expected and what I got was very different.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have to say I'm still happy with ours. When the boys from the local Utility company turn up with their Vermeer they're always keen to get to use ours and leave there's alone. Hasn't let us down yet and munches pretty much everything we throw at it. Stalled it only once. Just don't lose anything down the back side of the drum (obviously on the drum machines) when changing blades as it's a major to fish it out again. Yes, everything is heavy but that's kinda reassuring.

Ecotreecare, I think I have enquired about this before in your previous posts. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment but I feel this is either down to you not pursuing the faults with the dealer or poor dealer support neither of which I can comment on. As you can tell from the posts & I can tell you from 12yrs experience that faults with Bandit equipment are nearly unheard of, they are built well & last forever.

As a service provider we would not let this happen here, the business is not about selling machines but providing support in such cases. Every manufacturer has problems but it is how you deal with it that is important.

Yesterday I took the liberty of reporting this directly to Bandit on you behalf & they will be in touch. If you have further info please feel free to contact me anytime.