new set-up

mad matty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Redmoosefaction your help with this has been great will give it a try what size main line do you use...and great if you could let me know what cord you use.....cheers:thumbup1:

It doesn't matter what size your climbing line is as long the cord is narrower to get better grip.

I'll get back to you in the next couple of days!

404 - Not found matty;917680]Hi all...a bit old school me (blakes hitch) for years.....thinking of trying something new like the look of a hitch climber set-up. Any recommendations for an old git like me or shall I stay as I am?

any help cheers and thanks in advance...cheers Matt:thumbup1:

If your used to a blakes hitch why not try a michochan hitch with your hitchclimber/skywalker

Michoacan Martin Eye-Tie - Knots Guide | Arbtalk.co.uk

Very similar to tie only you only go up through the first turn on the coils rather than the two.

Works nice with around a 75cm cord.

when You say undo mid-line you mean in a good way??? Looking at the set honey bros have what do you reckon:confused1:

F.R. Jones and son do the stein o rig set up pack which is quality look it up on google!! Mention me and you may possibly get a discount

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

F.R. Jones and son do the stein o rig set up pack which is quality look it up on google!! Mention me and you may possibly get a discount

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

cheers charlieboy will give them a ring....unless jonsie himself wants to do me a deal!!:biggrin::thumbup1:

cheers charlieboy will give them a ring....unless jonsie himself wants to do me a deal!!:biggrin::thumbup1:

There is nothing wrong with the Stein set-up it does the job. If you can though get a hitchclimber there are key differences like rounds edges to the pulley side plates to fair lead the tail and be kinder to your rope, the third hole also opens up other possible configurations and tricks.

Check out Taylor hamel's hitch climbers guide to the canopy on YouTube.

I just brought a hitchclimber setup from honey bros, I've been climbing on a prusik for the past for years and I was always unsure about changing.

I absolutely love the hitch climber I have only been using it a few days and I am finding things so much easier I have a 12.5mm climbing rope so I went for the 10mm eye to eye and it grips well. Check out my post "new toys arrived" for a pic.

I just brought a hitchclimber setup from honey bros, I've been climbing on a prusik for the past for years and I was always unsure about changing.

I absolutely love the hitch climber I have only been using it a few days and I am finding things so much easier I have a 12.5mm climbing rope so I went for the 10mm eye to eye and it grips well. Check out my post "new toys arrived" for a pic.

seen your pic... ordered mine today through sorbus international.......gave me a great price went for the skywalker pulley....and a mate has sold me his 2 week old hitch climber so have the choice now. Thanks again to sorbus for being so helpful :thumbup1:

Hi Guys....been using the hitch climber set up.....seems to take a while to set-up first thing.....am I doing something wrong or is this the norm....I dont know shall I stick with it or go back to the old way of doing things (blakes hitch).

what do you use a band to retain the friction cord from moving on the krab?

thanks Matt