How much do you put into the business?

18 stoner

Any one is welcome to watch me work and bad climbers charge to much.

A good climber can offer lower prices like me there not slow and know what there doing so dont need to charge more to cover there slow ass.

am really intereted in what you class as a low rate for a 2 man team with truck and chipper insured and qualified and working within legislation

because if your too cheap you will never be the above my moto is a fair days pay for a fair days work and i never chip on price or undercut and i am kept busy

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow buy insurance get qualified and guess what you the best tree climber there is.

This must be the easiest job in the world do a couple of week long courses and your at the top of your game.

Common do you really believe that.

My work is pukka skill will never be attained by a piece of paper but its down to the individual i will never leave a tree unless its exactly what i want it.

A big firm all the tools tickets insurance etc in my experiance its the small firms that do a better job take more care.

Nice to see that you are the best climber in the world Telhol. Must be great when your ego obviously requires you to work practically for nothing at a rate that will burnout your body in 10 year whilst keeping resonable charging firms around you in a price war. Cool, and you no doubt scorn insurance too. Damn I must be wasting my time in this job!!!!!

Been working around a lot of builders a lot lately. Talking to them at breaks etc, the digger/dumper driver is on £130 a day, chipies are on £180. Plumbers, electricians same, the labourers £140. Each trade on a par with ours, and the pay very similar. One of them said they could earn far more working elsewhere, but the boss is a good boss, so they dont mind the "low" income.

As for after hours work, well its just got to be done, this trade is no easy ride.

A good climber can offer lower prices like me there not slow and know what there doing so dont need to charge more to cover there slow ass.

i dont understand the reasoning there....if you have put the years in and have developed your skills so that you can complete obs quickly then you should be benfiting from that...not discounting jobs just because you're so quick. a job in theory should be worth the same money regardless who does it. if you get it done quicker and 2 twice the jobs of someone slower surely you want to earn twice as much? if not you're selling yourself way short.

Wow buy insurance get qualified and guess what you the best tree climber there is.

This must be the easiest job in the world do a couple of week long courses and your at the top of your game.

Common do you really believe that.

My work is pukka skill will never be attained by a piece of paper but its down to the individual i will never leave a tree unless its exactly what i want it.

A big firm all the tools tickets insurance etc in my experiance its the small firms that do a better job take more care.

if the courses are that easy why not save up and do them

insurance is important why not save up and get some

the lads i work with are all qualified min experience 4years full time and are all good climbers in a 15 mile radius i know 95% of all tree lads but can only name 5 good climbers and tons of crap

I am insured and i have been doing it 4 years thank you. And im doing my courses not that its your bees.

you are not getting my point

saying i was quick was not a dig understand i have to be quick and i have to be low on price not cos im crap a cowboy or any other snide remark you can think of not cos im the best what an idiot remark. but cos thats the market i have to compete in.

I really dont need to justifie my work. But to end this thread. I get plenty of work my quality is fine otherwise i would not get work i work to 3998 and within hse i use all the best gear to aid me and they all conform to loler.

I should not have to defend myself but some of you are very rude and you have the ego.

But thanks for your construtive critisysm

Cheers steve, i dont mind. Pricing is a totally different can of worms to the reason i started the thread, but i believe it is still connected.

All the things that concern me, such as breakdowns, servicing, pricing, invoicing, even such as being let down at the last minute, all have an influence on your final price, but it is that that the customer has an opinion about, only seeing what you do on site.

I can only pass comment on how i view my own business. I cannot however, pass comment on any one just supplying contract climbing, but i am sure there is not the same amount of hidden issues i was talking about.

Everyone to thier own i suppose but perhaps the issue of pricing would be more appropriate in the thread "day rates" started by bill.

Cheers all so far for the input about how much goes into the business, at least it isnt just me!!!

Hey sorry 18stoner aint had my meds lol.

I didnt mean to go off topic boys and girls.

Its a hard old game the day dont end for us when it ends for every one else plus all the crap at the week ends.

I guess you put in as much as you want out of it.

tadaaaaaa