How much do you put into the business?

18 stoner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind putting in the hours like I do, if at the end of the day I got a damn good finacial reward!

Hear hear, and there is the crux of the matter...

After 6 years I now realise I do this because I enjoy the practical work, not for the money that's for sure.

Plus the 2 customers in ten that are genuinely nice people and appreciate you.

As for time in the business

actual time, most of the day, if not actually sorting problems or planning or day dreaming it never really lets up coz there is always something that can be done its just having the drive to do it and if you dont it gets away from you

As we all know there will always be competition, though personally I dont justify my price & I dont drop it either , if they dont like it get someone cheaper its a free world after all , )unless your naming Teddy bears !)

A plumber with a tool box on his own, can be on around £ 50 - £75 an hour + materials, so if you have a 3 man team that eqates too £150.00- £225 ph therefore we are all way too cheap !!!

The trouble with alot domestic tree work is many people think were glorified gardeners (that is the "retired type" grass cutters doing really bad pruning / hacking work for £1/hr.)

I think you gota put the hours in initially as you build up customers/reputation and do jobs for whats basically sometimes sh!t money... and eventually hopefully if youve not gone bankrupt by then.. be able to pick n choose the work you do for a fair price.

Though even after becoming established I still seem to spend most my time doing tree stuff.. from quotes to maintenence..oh well just as well i luv it! HOOrah!

I love the tree world i have loads of spare time and enjoy fixing tools and doing quotes im not a nutter.

I love working for myself and i cant get enough of the buzz being in a tree on a warm sunny morning due on the grass or in winter frost every where ice cold air thats what i do it for.

As we all say in the south it gets in your blood. Plus its a cool job and far more naturel than office bods work.

The only problem is theres to bloody many of us thats why we knock the asse out of our prices we should get more but some one else will undercut. People most the time go for price not quality the ones who survice are cheap but good.

I love the tree world i have loads of spare time and enjoy fixing tools and doing quotes im not a nutter.

I love working for myself and i cant get enough of the buzz being in a tree on a warm sunny morning due on the grass or in winter frost every where ice cold air thats what i do it for.

As we all say in the south it gets in your blood. Plus its a cool job and far more naturel than office bods work.

The only problem is theres to bloody many of us thats why we knock the asse out of our prices we should get more but some one else will undercut. People most the time go for price not quality the ones who survice are cheap but good.

I'm not sure you can be cheap and good,well not for long any way