Big trees = less money ( prophet )

Stubby

Do you guys find that the bigger the tree the less you make ? E./G trim up 6 times small silver birch 2 days = x amount prophet Take down one huge oak also 2 days = not quite x amount . Plus its more grunt .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what you mean, I .have done a silver birch and a hedge in one house in a cul de sac, end up doing another 2 or 3 jobs for the Neighbours, end up driving away with a very tidy sum for a days work.

Often with the big "glamour" jobs you go cheap just to get it and relieve the boredom of back garden drudgery. And also so you can put pics up on Arbtlalk.:001_smile:

Depends who you are preaching to:laugh1:

Oh I would not presume to preach to anyone ! I think we cocked up the price to be honest . Huge oak . take it right down . Bit of rope work on one side . Chip all the brash ( long drag to the chipper ) Log up every thing else 4" dia upwards into 10" lengths and barrow it to the farthest part of the property and scratch up / blow up .

Bigger trees equal bigger profit and generally easier to do, small back garden jobs profit margins the same as there is only a minimum we can work for.

It all depends though on how the individual company operates and is set up.

For us the big money is in planting and tree moving don't tell anyone though!!

Oh I would not presume to preach to anyone ! I think we cocked up the price to be honest . Huge oak . take it right down . Bit of rope work on one side . Chip all the brash ( long drag to the chipper ) Log up every thing else 4" dia upwards into 10" lengths and barrow it to the farthest part of the property and scratch up / blow up .

Its easy to come un stuck on bigger jobs.

I didn't mean you were preaching, only that a prophet preaches and profit puts money in the bamk:laugh1:

Its easy to come un stuck on bigger jobs.

I didn't mean you were preaching, only that a prophet preaches and profit puts money in the bamk:laugh1:

Ah I missed that one . I am a crap speller as you can see ! Whats a bamk ?