Nomadic's an UKTT at FR jones Arb and forestry event 2013

Adam Bourne

Hi all,

Nomadic climbers and UK's tallest trees are coming together at Jonies Arb and Forestry event where we will be putting on a show of the evolution of climbing, An array of climbing techniques used in yesteryear to present day!

We will be doing live demos ranging from the most basic! to some of the most advanced climbing techniques there are available. There will also be hands on advice from all our team at any part of the 2 days.

so don't be afraid or shy to pop over and come see us all for a chat.

Looking forward to seeing some new and old faces.

All the best

Adam

http://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/show/

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ill be popping over to see face to face what available and what climbing tech /gear i should be using.

👍

Awesome guys :)

Gear and techniques on show will be old school Prussic and blakes hitches with the possibility of some even old school 3 strand to show those who have never seen it done using that kind of rope before, an array of different setups using pulleys such as the DMM hitchclimber, pinto and ISC fixed and swing cheek pulleys, the O-rig and M-method will both be demonstrated along with a few other methods, SRT Systems including all 3 revolutionary SRTWP setups the rope wrench the hitchhiker and the unicender. Rescue setups and scenarios will also be demoed.

We will also be modelling Treeshirtz so you will get to see first hand how good they look especially on me!!! :D

We will also be chatting a little bit about who nomadic climbers and Uk's tallest trees are, what we've been up to and what our plans are for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Save yourself a journey, look into my climbing bag, at the top you'll see an old knotted Prussik attached to an even older rope, then delve deeper through into the bag and discover, hitch chord, mechanical stuff and even a figure 8 I used once to pull the Scagg out a ditch!!:laugh1:

Then if you dare, stick your hand into the side pocket to feel the entangled mess that was once a throw line and is now a nest of dead Sitka and mars bar:biggrin:

Have fun at the show guys:thumbup1:

All looking good now, your tree is ready and marked on the plan and your details will be going into the programme.

This is a great addition to the show, with so many things to do and see it will now take 2 days just to cover them all. :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing you guys, we will be having a BBQ on the setup day (thursday night) for our staff and the security, you are more than welcome to pop along. (sorry this one is for exhibitors only, but there will be a big knees up on the Friday for the public.:thumbup:)