My first whole tree dismantle, its a monster.

Tommy Hutchinson

I would of been there along time if was going to rig it, would of been a crane job if near buildings or road for example. It took 7 hours to get on the ground.

As for for mess or dropping the limbs in a specific place, I was concentrating on getting in the correct position/s and carrying out the correct cuts so that I did not make a mistake, there was no dropzone which was good. Trust me when I say there was no room for error, the consequences of a mistake would have been very serious, injury or death, the branches had an immense amount of weight in them every cut has a lot of thought put into it.

It was very beneficial for my improving my climbing. I have only been up say six or seven trees and only then taken off a few small limbs so this was a big step up.

Edited by Tommy Hutchinson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the split did have an influence I reduced the crown in a way that helped it keep a center of gravity just in case. I would not want that tree to split whilst in it, I know its pretty unlikely but good practice and best to be safe.

Yes all in board step cuts and some gob/felling cuts on some of the big diameter stems that were of a more vertical form.

Edited by Tommy Hutchinson

Nice job tommy, my only critasism is I would of cut the stumps on the stick flush before felling it , if on a garden job and you have no teleporter to lift it they can be very frustrating to work around preventing rolling the stick to finish cuts and moving timber and also cover them selfs in dirt when they burry them selfs on impact blunting your saws if you have to cut them.

A lot easier to fell on a bed and good target practice.