New tractor

JimE

I'm needing a new tractor for topping and general grounds care type work. Replacing a Deere 1640 that is great and has done me very well but it becoming a little long in the tooth and has oil retention issues!

Looking for something ideally 60-80HP, must have cab, almost certainly air con. I really want 40k gearbox. Small as possible, but needs to be a full size tractor (ie, couple ton lift on the back, decent size cab, but of weight to it etc).

I've set my budget ideally at £15k inc vat (though I'm starting to see that might be a little light). However if I can stay within that I can keep my current tractor too.

Tried a Kubota M6040, and its very nice, but only 3 years old and 500 hours I cant afford it (£24k inc). Love the size and the cab (but who put the linkage controls down the side of the seat?!)

Would like to stay sub 5000 hours and less than 10 years old.

Any tractors to recommend or avoid? Am I a bit light on the pennies?

I'm not finding much that fits my needs at the moment, either too big or too expensive!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JimE

In that HP range, you are probably looking at an Ex Council/grounds maint tractor.

But will almost certainly have turf tyres.

Any such tractors bought by farmers are likely to be retained until absolutly shagged out.

Consider looking at the Valtra EX MoD Army Surplus Military Vehicle Parts & Auctions are selling.

Prob not 40k, and no A/C, and 24" rear rims, but c/w loader and should be a sound buy at £13,000 odd.

Consider Landini/Same or some nominally Itialian brands, they still produce more smaller tractors.

Would you consider a TYM?, they seem to be gaining market share and acceptance.

But yes, unfortunately, I suspect your budget a trifle light, depending on VAT, to incl for A/C etc.

PS

Also very carefully consider the cost of tyres, a more expensive purchase on better rubber can be a FAR better buy than sommat needing new tyres too soon.

good luck

marcus

try Gaskins at east meon he does kubota and he may have something in your budget. may pick up a good small JD Hunts chilbolton main agent.

NH, valtra as other posts but do not know much about them.

seen a new breed Kiota look very good but new on the market so what there like no idear. aimed at the amenity sector.

for what you want to pay tractor trader you may pick up a good lowish hours tractor. but buy from a dealer then you have a come back if it goes wrong