Woodburning Stoves?

Anyone got any recomdations with big stoves with water jacket to heat a

tank of hot water

5 double raditors 6 foot

2 double 10foot

Multifuel

I have a Dunsley Highlander 10 central heating boiler. It is multi-fuel, although I nearly exclusively burn wood on it.

It does 10 rads in our cottage and hot water, it's great.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ideas what would run a detached house with 15 radiators ? would like to run it a long side g,c,h all piped together if poss .any thoughts:questionmark:

If you're piping them together get a dunsley baker neutraliser.http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/linkupsys.htm

We have one and its a fit and forget piece of kit,we link a rayburn an aarow boiler stove and an lpg gas boiler, by setting the thermostat on the lpg boiler low whenever the fires are in they do all the work but when the heating comes on first thing in the morning the lpg can pick up. Otherwise you will need some kind of heat store. We now make a tank of LPG last almost 2 years compared to 3 months before.:001_tongue:

We have had a small Villager for 10+ years and also a new Morso pictured left. (I had the log rack made to measure at the local smithy). The Morso is just a fantastic bit of kit and really knocks some serious heat out. There is hardly any ash at all and it burns far less wood than the much smaller Villager. It is amazingly efficient.

Follow the links for a good list of manufacturers of wood stoves and wood boilers

We are going to be installing a stove next month. It will be in our living room and at the moment we have a gas fire with a marble surround. My question is, should we have the stove free standing or recessed into the old fire place? What would be the advantages and disadvantages for both. If it was free standing I don't know if it would just take up to much floor space. the stove is only about 5.4kw, so it is not that big. It will be the slate which it will be standing that takes up most of the room.

DSCF3341.jpg

Cheers

We are going to be installing a stove next month. It will be in our living room and at the moment we have a gas fire with a marble surround. My question is, should we have the stove free standing or recessed into the old fire place? What would be the advantages and disadvantages for both. If it was free standing I don't know if it would just take up to much floor space. the stove is only about 5.4kw, so it is not that big. It will be the slate which it will be standing that takes up most of the room.

DSCF3341.jpg

Cheers

my mother has the same fire as that.. plenty of gas but little heat:mad1:

Cheers

It depends on your fireplace really, if an old larger fireplace has been bricked in to make the current one then its easy to make it bigger, on the other hand if the original one was the same size as what you have now you need to be carefull not to dammage the chimney brest. ( ask Dean Lofthouse about that)

If you are having the stove free standing remember that to comply with building regs you need at least 150mm of hearth all around it.:001_smile: