show me yours and I will show you mine

borderfirewood

Between these crates and several sheds like in my avatar we have about 90m3 of logs ready for the coming season. That's enough for last years customers but looking to expand a bit this years so hope to do another 50m3 cut split and dried weather permitting.

DSC00851.jpg.aea27372c56be46919cfb7be7378781d.jpg

what a setup you lot have only do it on a small scale but looking how you do it. need to look into doing it more professional the crate idear looks good but do not have anything to load it only handball. hence keep it loose in woodshed. still cut up about 3 tonne today. need to find some seasoned wood. to fill it up. untill i can get in wood and haul out some more. have a customer who is still using it.

uses it for his bread oven. says its cheaper than running on gas.

Go about 80-90 cube processed so far, 2011 cord so they are superb. Got another 25-30 cube in that batch then onto recently delivered cord. Doubt that will be ready for January so will have to buy in again I expect.

You lads like Elfinwood Saws who are seasoning outside with no rain cover, if you process fresh felled Ash cord in say March/April what do you expect the MC to be in September ?. Thinking of trying a few bags outside this time to see how they go.

A

Edited by Alycidon

My bags shown above were cut autumn last year they are sitting around 18% when I tested a couple of logs about a month 6 weeks ago, they will get tarped in aug/sept when its still warm enough to evaporate any summer rain hoping to have around 1500 bags ready by the start of the season but alot depends on a thinning job coming up.