Well Done Timberwolf

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

I hear abit of slating about TW far to much, im on my second tw125 with the previous lasting over 10 years and retaining nearly £5000 in resale.

My second which was new from the start is now over 2 years old and without fault.

I always see TW offer excellent advice and maintain a presence on the forum and personally think that is outstanding service.

Plus there machines are priced the best and perform as good as any other machine i have used.

Just wanted to voice my appreciation of my chipper and for those looking for a great little chipper i have not found a better 6 inch chipper for the money :thumbup:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our two 190 tracked timberwolfs arnt worth peanuts, both have exactly the same design faults, faults and niggles that they haven't changed over the last 10 years or so,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I've used lots of chippers over the last 20 years, towed and PTO. For the sort of we I personally do, my TW125 is perfect, why chip logwood?. At then end of the day it depends on your set up and what you put thru your woodchipper...I've always found that 80% of the stuff we chip is under 5 inch anyway!

Same here Spike.

The ability to handball the machine on its own is worth more to me and my set up than a bigger, heavier machine.

A lot of people who don't rate them don't appear to be big fans of maintenance either, which is pretty straightforward on these machines.

My one gripe would be the flimsy jockey wheel and hitch assembley, but I beefed them up pretty easily.

I'll admit to being a bit of a TW basher. I think the design of the flywheel bearngs is awful and I had to change the blades every 8 hours BUT apart from that I must admit I had 6 years trouble free use out of mine, Keeping the blades sharp and not overdoing the big stuff.

It was CH25 and was so easy to push about and small enough and low enough to go just about anywhere.

Great little machine - it was only when I saw a Greenmech in action I realised there are better (for me anyway) 6 inch machines out there also under 750 KG.

It's like everything else in life, its opinions.

They are 'good' - a bit like landrovers - treat them carefully they will last better.