The Worker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So hear goes

I dont know what you find so funny about someones ells equipment braking down but if it happened to you or when it happens to you you would not find it so funny

Fuel filter is fine

fuel pipe to carb nope not checked it yet

Impulse line What is this???

Yes there is fuel in the tank

Fuel tank vent, where will I find this???

Another thing I noticed is there is a little rubber hand pump that you press with your finger to prime it

it just dose not fell as squishy as it should; sure there is fuel in it about half full

And do these wee engines have lift pumps?

How is the fuel supplied to the carb considering the tank is lower then the carb?

Thanks

The no so worker

Ok first off you need to re read my name again please. I spend day in day out with broken down gear.

And if you are going to ask a question over ANY machine then please tell us the make and model of such machine as we are not mind readers and ever manufacturer is different.

So before anyone can give you good guidance you need to give the proper information.

But seeing as you don't know much about saw engines I would really advise you to take it to someone who knows. You can really get it wrong and bugger up the saw easily.

Assuming it is a cheap Chinese version if its from a catalogue they tend not to start so easy from new.

Take a look at this link below. Its shows how to start them by first pulling it over with the switch off before moving to the next level. (yes that really is meant to say off!!)

S and J, einhell, b and q all tend to use the same method as all the saws are from the same factory.....

Its prob wise for you to watch all the way through to ensure you've built up the saw correctly to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L0f0q7wQKY]Setting up the Spear and Jackson Petrol Chainsaw (Available in Argos) - YouTube[/ame]

Going back to basics and not sure how much you know about small two strokes.

The primer needs priming and 5 -10 pushes until there is fuel in it is fine. The choke needs pulling out, the off switch needs turning on and if there is a catch to open the throttle for starting then engage it, sometimes this is part of the carb choke mech.

Pull the saw over fast until it coughs/fires or pops once.

Take the choke off and pull again until the saw fires - this is generally 1-3 pulls.

If this doesn't happen then an engine needs three basic things to run, compression, spark and fuel. Fuel should be present on the plug after around 5-8 pulls with the choke ON.

Spark - if you take the plug off, push it back in to the cap and earth it on the cylinder AWAY from the plug hole (fuel can ignite - don't ask me how I know) and then pull the saw over and look for a spark - subdued light helps to see it.

Other than that, you either need a compression tester or can try the poor mans method of lifting the saw with the starter cord and timing it to fall to full extension - 12-20 seconds is pretty good, anything around the 3-8 secs isn't.

You could pull the muffler off and look at the piston through the exhaust port - any scoring and it is a bin job.

FYI - the carb has a built in pumping section that uses the positive and negative pressue of the crankcase to move a pumping membrane in the carb to pump the fuel upwards out of the fuel tank and in to the carb - we cal this the impulse line!

:lol: spud.

Yes fuel does have a nice tendency to go poof when testing the spark.

I do enjoy the old fuel injector testers and holding a piece of rag that's alight over the injector. Warmed up on a very nice cold day before :lol:

:lol: if it doesn't start after following spuds directions, you've goosed it!

Make sure you don't miss the engine firing on choke!

I've also had this problem of fuel igniting from testing the plug, and off cigarettes too...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

:D

Guys, I really have to stop reading here. Reading some stuff here...

Most chainsaws don't have separate fuel pumps. Most of the times it's the diesel injection that directly gets the fuel out of the tank directly positioned under the exhaust.

I know an old fella that bought a brand new 009, it last a matter of minutes............he didn't put any 2 stroke oil in with the petrol.....did you?

My thoughts exactly, reading earlier posts, it seems like he has put 2 stroke in where the chain oil should go, and put neat petrol in the petrol tank.

Does he know to mix his 2 stroke oil with the petrol at the correct mix before putting it into the machine.