brian hegarty

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you get paid or where they unhappy?

With a crappy tree like that sometimes its just best to do whats asked IMO. Keep the fancy pruning for something that will come out nicley and will be appreciated by its owners and neighbours etc for years to come.

I was hired by a landscaper to do the job so I didn't meet the customer. The landscaper was happy anyway and paid me going out the gate.

I get what you're saying but I want to take these opportunities to get a bit of learning and practice under my belt for the day that it will matter. I'm climbing with year and a half and nearly everything ive done has been dismantles. I love my job but Working from the shoulders down isn't as interesting if ya get what I'm saying..

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I get why you did the thin, don't get why you left the sticky out bit, if you wanted to push yourself, then you should have gone back up and finished it to your satisfaction. Ok you got paid fair enough, but now that sticky out bit will niggle you and you'll wish you'd just gone back up and done it properly. Overall, a good first attempt though. :thumbup1:

I get what you're saying but I want to take these opportunities to get a bit of learning and practice under my belt for the day that it will matter. I'm climbing with year and a half and nearly everything ive done has been dismantles. I love my job but Working from the shoulders down isn't as interesting if ya get what I'm saying..

ummmmm, I dont get what yer saying.

If you consider removals brainless work, maybe your in the wrong industry.

As is, soon youll be injured with an attitude like that.

The customer wanted the tree pollarded like it was the last time. You thought you had a better idea, and you wasteed a bunch of time trying to get a sickly tree to look like a sickly tree, perhaps next time youll have learned from this and possibly give the customer what they asked for, a pollarded tree.

Think before you pull the trigger.

Edited by Grais

I would not be surprised if in a short bit the tree gets pollarded, if it was me and I was paying said landscaper to do the job, Id be pissed when I got home and the tree was still standing there in the drive ?

Wouldnt you ?

The right thing to do for the tree was actually pollarding IMO, its a piece of crap, pollard it down, and at least its a smaller piece of crap.

I have no problem with the thinning, the work you did was fine work, just the attitude of I know better then the customer what they want.

Thats a poor attitiude and one I see shared by a boat load of climbers, or arborists(sorry).

There are cases of the customer wanting the wrong thing, it happens, but this was not one of them.

Ya I was fairly sickened when I pulled the rope down and saw that but I didn't have enough rods or will power to go back up for it

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Should of got your groundie to check the shape before you came down;)

trees, waves and cakes!!:-)