for sale stihl kit... saws etc

jnoon

You guys that are getting worked up about this must be young, Some of us remember a time when the internet was science fiction and going to the dealer for parts and saws was the norm.

What nonsense.

The world has changed beyond recognition.

Do you really think its acceptable for a company to think they have the right to impose something like this?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What nonsense.

Do you really think its acceptable for a company to think they have the right to impose something like this?

Of course they have "the right" it's their product so they can decide how they want it sold/distributed.

What nonsense.

There are several other major manufacturers who have been contemplating moves such as this for some time (wholegoods, not spares) but have been afraid to because of the grey legal area.

I am sure they will be watching this with great interest.

Of course they have "the right" it's their product so they can decide how they want it sold/distributed.

On saws I would agree, but for those who bought saws from Stihl because they live very rurally and needed to get your parts posted in I feel they are its wrong.

Why did Stihl not flag this change for a few years, giving people the chance to chose another brand before they became a "captive audience":sneaky2:

What nonsense.

Dave, how can it be nonsense, its a statement of fact.

Stihl can impose whatever conditions can legally defend, as can any supplier, you can walk into any shop and they can refuse to sell you any item for no better reason than they don't like the cut of your jib.

I cant stop them enforcing this policy and I doubt something that's come from the top can be changed even by the power of the internet, the only thing that will change it is IF it loses money. All I can do is accept it and move on. As you say the world has changed, now its changing again.

I do remember several posts on here where people have berated the DIY sheds for selling saws to joe public without training or a care in the world, this is the opposite of that and (the start of) what those people wanted so they should be happy.

Dave, how can it be nonsense, its a statement of fact.

I don't believe the only people complaining about this are too young too recall the time before the net, to say that is "fact" is IMO yet more nonsense:001_rolleyes:

You guys that are getting worked up about this must be young, Some of us remember a time when the internet was science fiction and going to the dealer for parts and saws was the norm.

Guess I'm flattered that you consider 38 young then :laugh1: befroe the internet I picked up the phone and called A & F Warehouse for saws and parts because the local dealers were too expensive and unreliable even back then

Guess I'm flattered that you consider 38 young then :laugh1: befroe the internet I picked up the phone and called A & F Warehouse for saws and parts because the local dealers were too expensive and unreliable even back then

Are you sure Penny didn't jump ship from Richmonds before the internet?

Age is relative

I don't believe the only people complaining about this are too young too recall the time before the net, to say that is "fact" is IMO yet more nonsense:001_rolleyes:

Well what you believe.......

It is however a statement of fact that before the advent of the internet we used to go to a dealer, sit down drink his tea chat, buy what we needed and leave.

That's not nonsense its just how it was and for many how it will be.