AV Gloves

Big J

I had a quick look through this - and I can see what you mean but have to say when I read the following:

"This project investigates the performance of one

particular anti-vibration glove"

They tested one type of glove? Maybe this particular pair were no use but this tells us nothing about other AV gloves.

This article Hand arm vibration - Gloves and warm clothing is one of those pretty non descript and vague H+S writings that say a lot and tell you nothing!

This sentence is a good one,

"It is not usually possible to assess the vibration reduction provided in use by anti-vibration gloves, so you should not generally rely on them to provide protection from vibration."

So they could be working perfectly but as hard to assess don't rely on them - well what do you rely on in that case! There is no alternative other than not using the tools that are creating the vibration.

Sorry not having a go in any shape or form but I'd say that with AV gloves try them and if you think they work then they prob do. They don't really have the means to test them properly.

:001_smile:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong guys, not trying to prove anything. i would give me wife to stop me hands hurting every bladdy morning. twenty years of numbness, i will try them, just came across the information when looking for av gloves.

I think it's worth giving a few pairs a go and see if they help.

I am getting in a load from Sugihara - new on the market - they have rubber built into the palms and fingers. They do seem to make a lot of difference and as long as your hands aren't too big they'll fit well.

Also machine washable!

I'll post a thread up when they're here and you can give them a go.

:001_smile:

dont get me wrong guys, not trying to prove anything. i would give me wife to stop me hands hurting every bladdy morning. twenty years of numbness, i will try them, just came across the information when looking for av gloves.

HI KARLK if they work for big j thats good it makes you feel better for wearing them then it good it not your money is it and there only £15 a pair not £50k a pair thanks jon :thumbup:

They do seem to make a lot of difference and as long as your hands aren't too big they'll fit well

Well that is me out then! 6ft 8" and wee hands would look a little daft. Rob, ask those little Japanese folk at Sugihara to make some yeti spec gloves! :laugh1:

Ha ha! I've already asked them and they won't do it just yet.

I expect they want to see how the market views them and whether they sell. Jon will have his Monday so he can tell us what he thinks of them.

:biggrin:

• 8 months later...
find this very interesting, i researched impact and av gloves and it was supposed to be proven that these gloves make very little if any difference to the affects of vibrating machines. there was no proven benefit to using them.

Alot has to do with the holding lifting of the machines as you have to grip harder so cancel out alot of the effects of the gloves. But we're you are just guiding pushing you get the full benefits of the glove.

I us the gel padded gloves for the chainsaw great and don't have to grip as hard as some of the av. Gloves