old style tractor value

Dorset Hedgelayer

dorset looks a bit of a old dog there is a chap up in shafstbury going out towards warminster just past the builders merchants who has some tidy tractors.

if i had known you were looking would have let you know about west meon a cracking little JD7610 was auctioned at west meon went for about £1200. plus a few others for sale. keep my eyes out know a db boy see if he has one for sale

I suspect it comes down to supply and demand.

Since a VERY high percentage of tractors used in agricultural this past 20 years have been 100 HP + (and creeping ever upward) "handy" wee basic spec tractors have become scarce, since no more coming into the 2nd hand market.

I was kinda admiring a 390T in McElderry's yard earlier this week, my size and spec to a "T".

It looked like a toy lined up with the rest of the fresher 2nd hand stock, let alone compared to the new stock.

Cheers

Marcus

Since a VERY high percentage of tractors used in agricultural this past 20 years have been 100 HP + (and creeping ever upward) "handy" wee basic spec tractors have become scarce, since no more coming into the 2nd hand market.

I was kinda admiring a 390T in McElderry's yard earlier this week, my size and spec to a "T".

It looked like a toy lined up with the rest of the fresher 2nd hand stock, let alone compared to the new stock.

Cheers

Marcus

There is the thing, just got a sale catalogue through, there is one loader tractor in this bracket, a couple of years ago you had a choice of half a dozen

Old school tractors don't need a computer to fix them and will hold value because of that.

Cheers

Marcus

Been that way for a long time thats how come I ended up with my Case MX110, to replace my Ford 6610, it was cheaper to buy the Case than something of a similar horsepower to the ford, have ended up keeping the ford as the loader tractor though as they want £5 k + vat to put a loader on the case!

evening all.

sort of in the market/just looking/sounding out, for old style tractor,

bit of splitting, post thumper, topper.

only because it very local to me , just seen this on that well known site

tractor | eBay

as I say only looking and learning at the monent, is this fair, average far to much??

thanks for any help/relpys

evening all

thanks for replys,

I could see it being one of them things I dont use for weeks, then a job would come in & it would be very handy to have.

bit of splitting, post thumper, topper.

got just a couple of log customers. the arm strong splitter gets peed of with the knotty stuff

one i go n clear a large area of nettles each year + a couple of my grass contracts could be done save me a lot of time.

get a couple of fencing jobs.

I dont think Im to bothered about loader, just this 1 local has it on..

now Ive said that if/when I get 1 I can see 1st job needing to load something :blushing:

Going to Classic & Vintage show next weekend West Dorset Vintage Tractor & Stationary Engine Club Rally - West Bay, Bridport, Dorset.

they have acution on the saturday so will look n try n learn & keep me hands in me pockets

HS I know there used to be a agri market just out side of Shaftsbury but thought they had built on the site ?. have sent you a PM

as I say thanks all for input , great site, always someone with something to say :lol::lol::thumbup:

I like the 414's. I drove the same one for thirty years from about 15 years old 'till I was 45. The old keeper did something to the PTO and it got sold. If I'd have had the money and hindsight I'd have purchased it.........

They were the standard workhorse in their day. Parts are still available and they are still a cheap tractor. A Massey 135 will fetch twice that of a Int.

Come to think of it I still have one of the bonnet badges from the old girl

INTERNATIONAL!

codlasher.