Lost a good friend today

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm!

Has anyone considered the eldery couple who were nearly killed by ( I gather/surmise) a motorcycle that was being ridden much too fast for the road/visibility conditions at this junction.

Or their families?

Our motorcyclist made a selfish decision and died directly as a result of this decision.

btw I have good friends who ride motorbikes ...........and fast.

Regards

Marcus

Erm!

Has anyone considered the eldery couple who were nearly killed by ( I gather/surmise) a motorcycle that was being ridden much too fast for the road/visibility conditions at this junction.

Or their families?

Our motorcyclist made a selfish decision and died directly as a result of this decision.

Regards

Marcus

HE wasnt speeding for that stretch of road. It is a national 60 limit but most locals do between 60 and 70 on the stretch where my mate was killed. From speaking to a work colleague of my dads who was first on scene it was obvious it was the drivers fault as the rider who was with my mate and two other witnesses said the car wasn't indicating so he didnt know they were going to be turning into the junction. It was the G forces involved in the accident which caused the the injuries to the couple in the car not my mates speed (60-70mph), there was nothing he could have done in the 30 yards he had to react when the car pulled across in front of him.

It always gets my hackles up when people automatically surmise that because a rider had been killed or seriously injured that it was the biker which was at fault which is rarely the case.

Boss has given me the go ahead for one memorial bench which is cool. He said i can have/make any design i want. Going to make one out of solid oak which we have stored in a shipping container so it is bone dry and mostly straight. Will take me about a week to 10 days to make.

HI MATT that good of you mate nice one mate

Erm!

Or their families?

Regards

Marcus

difflock, you seem to have a very low opinion of people! Or should I say you are very sinical. You have no idea of what happend in the RTA that Matts friend got killed in.

You had a similar sort of reply when I won a bet a few weeks ago! More than one person on here were aware of my bet before I posted on here.

What's your problem ?

HE wasnt speeding for that stretch of road. It is a national 60 limit but most locals do between 60 and 70 on the stretch where my mate was killed. From speaking to a work colleague of my dads who was first on scene it was obvious it was the drivers fault as the rider who was with my mate and two other witnesses said the car wasn't indicating so he didnt know they were going to be turning into the junction. It was the G forces involved in the accident which caused the the injuries to the couple in the car not my mates speed (60-70mph), there was nothing he could have done in the 30 yards he had to react when the car pulled across in front of him.

It always gets my hackles up when people automatically surmise that because a rider had been killed or seriously injured that it was the biker which was at fault which is rarely the case.

Hi mate that's not very nice of you is it as you were not there at the time I think it out of line my self to talk like you have mate and you should pull that out of line post mate Jon

Erm!

Or their families?

Regards

Marcus

But this post wasnt made about the people in the car, it was made by some one who lost a friend. You could make a post about the elderly couple if you felt inclined!? Its an assumption to say he was going to fast, if its right or wrong, there is no doubt that this is not the place to be saying it.

I live in the village just of that junction, it is a fast road, the whole road is and I have had one very close call there on my push bike.

He must have been a popular guy, the pile of flowers is getting bigger up there.

RIP.

Hi mate that's not very nice of you is it as you were not there at the time I think it out of line my self to talk like you have mate and you should pull that out of line post mate Jon

How was it out of line bud.

I was giving the facts. Yes it has come across as a bit of a slap in the face and i wasn't there but i know he wasn't speeding for that stretch of road from speaking to his dad and the rider that was with him.

But this post wasnt made about the people in the car, it was made by some one who lost a friend. You could make a post about the elderly couple if you felt inclined!? Its an assumption to say he was going to fast, if its right or wrong, there is no doubt that this is not the place to be saying it.

I live in the village just of that junction, it is a fast road, the whole road is and I have had one very close call there on my push bike.

He must have been a popular guy, the pile of flowers is getting bigger up there.

RIP.

Will be even bigger on the 17th when Poole quad have a ride out to there.

How was it out of line bud.

I was giving the facts. Yes it has come across as a bit of a slap in the face and i wasn't there but i know he wasn't speeding for that stretch of road from speaking to his dad and the rider that was with him.

I don't think Jon was aiming it at you Matt. I think he quoted it under the wrong post.

To much cizzer again.:thumbup: