Kretzschmaria beech removal - how to organise???

Andrew Barrett

It sounds like your in my neck of the woods, I would be quite happy to dismantle that , can bring my lorry with hi ab, rattle it out in a day easy peasy, pm me if I can be of assistance

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

pm that man. That is a good offer of experience and the right kit to knock it out quickly without a crane. I would probably rig the top out (if needed) then lift the big wood out in big bits straight onto truck. Plus you may be quoting against another company.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like your in my neck of the woods, I would be quite happy to dismantle that , can bring my lorry with hi ab, rattle it out in a day easy peasy, pm me if I can be of assistance

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

There you are, John"ll do it, like he says climber,lorry,hiab, chipper, all done.

Home in time for Neighbours.

I'm sure if its managed to hold the crown up in leaf then it could hold up a climber, just don't anchor into anything stupid, if you get a Crain in you would get hardly any profit...

A crane should maximise your profits? For us crane work is by far the most profitable and quickest way to remove a tree. And if its the most sensible way then do it.

I've been involved with a couple of big fells and done a little crane work, there is no hard and fast rule. Done some monsters in a day and some medium trees in 2, its all about the variables you could encounter that may slow the operation down.

Good luck, hope you get it and that it goes well for you, no advice or truthfull opinion I could give from those pics as from my experience it always looks different in the flesh. Only that I doubt a mewp is the best option in this situation.

A crane should maximise your profits? For us crane work is by far the most profitable and quickest way to remove a tree. And if its the most sensible way then do it.

I've been involved with a couple of big fells and done a little crane work, there is no hard and fast rule. Done some monsters in a day and some medium trees in 2, its all about the variables you could encounter that may slow the operation down.

Good luck, hope you get it and that it goes well for you, no advice or truthfull opinion I could give from those pics as from my experience it always looks different in the flesh. Only that I doubt a mewp is the best option in this situation.

Lets be honest tho, it's not a large tree is it. To get a crane in would be quite an expense, and by the looks of the pic would need traffic management to safely situate the crane......

I've been involved in crane jobs, your right the trees do come down in no time, but there's not much of an area to store the logs and brash so the clean up will still take a while..... And it's not a tricky take down at all......

So which ever way you look at it there won't be much change out of a day....

That's just my opinion