Strimmer / brushcutter

Guss109

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on budget and what you really want.

Stihl fs range are good. Can also get most models in either twin horn or single handle options.

Then there is the attachment on the front. The bigger the wire the tooughter in will be. But if doing rough banks you may need the blade rather than the wire.

I don't personally like the twin horn handles. I like the single handle. Easier for me to use.

i use Honda,s and last one last 10 years before giving up and i treat my hard. do a very good stick UC425 UM if doing banks a good one to use cow handle one be a bit pain in neck. if its cow horn then the 435 48cc all 4 stroke so no mixing.

have both now would not go back to a 2 stroke. big takes a blade and will cut through brambles without loosing power.

the hondas my 435 cost £350 sthil eqivient over £500. no contest.

having a go with one of the Kawasaki's 45cc. Been excellent so far at chewing through some serious bramble clearing just with the standard blade that came with it. Got the cow horns, but so far only worked relatively flat ground - see how it goes on the slope soon

Price far better than Stihl/Husky. Not using commercially, but think they were offering 2 years warranty for commercial use, 5 year domestic if that floats your boat.

Stihl if you've got the money or a good cheap alternative is the tanaka tbc 4200 used it all last season on grass and brambles with no hassle, only thing it needed was a new primer bubble as had a split in it. light weight, plenty of power.

After many years with Stihl I sold both ours and replaced with a single Honda.

No messing with two stroke, no vibrations, no screaming noise, starts first pull and I think the harness is better too, what more could you ask for?

AND I don't have to put up with that stupid Stihl petrol tank cap!

codlasher.