Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

It really is confusing!

The 678 had a turbo'd IH DT239 3.9L producing 62kW@2400rpm and 285 Nm torque at 1600rpm thus 83 horsepower. Compression ratio 12:1

Now tractordata says the 84 hydro engine (IH D246 4.0L) produces 65 hp but other info from this unopenable link (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bruunett+Mini+578+F+forwarder.+Dimensions+and+ergonomics+%28Bruun+System+AB,+Filipstad,+Sweden%29:+The+forwarder+is+powered+by+a+4-cyl.+4030+cm3,+56+kW+engine+and+is+fitted+with+500+-+22.5+tyres+all+round.+The+cab+dimensions,+seat+and+controls+characteristics,&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=0tvQVcC7Oomta8TelsAF)

says it produces 56kW thus 75 horsepower!

I'm guessing the atmo D239s and D246s came in various power outputs. The Bruunett 578 had the skid unit from the 84 hydro but that link throws doubt on it...

:confused1::confused1::confused1:

I really should read thru all the post....

The d246 is used in the 784/785 855 etc tractors.

If your unsure what engine it is you have it is stamped in raised letters on the side of the engine block quite visibly if you look.

TDC I never taken any notice of this before but just seen in the brochure it has a d239 engine which im assuming is the nuess d239?

Same engine as in my 684 tractor. They are quite respected for the hydraulic side given the age etc. How do you find the hydraulic system?

I really should read thru all the post....

The d246 is used in the 784/785 855 etc tractors.

If your unsure what engine it is you have it is stamped in raised letters on the side of the engine block quite visibly if you look.

I've got the book as below that came with tons of other stuff from the FC sale. The Bruun parts manual doesn't show the engine number! It's most certainly a hydro skid unit, 2 filters etc; one for transmission, another for hydrostatic. Way ahead of its time, O&F changes critical... I've looked on the block before, think it might be hidden by the cab frame.

1439932726946-129115144.jpg.927c4d362518c7e684d7cc9440991ff2.jpg

If you look by the oil filter the engine model (ie d239 or d246) will be cast into the block so then you will know which engine you have. I wouldn't think the oil filter access would be made to hard and its only a few inches away from the filter.

It would be interesting to know.

Out of interest do you know its age roughly? Im not clued up when it comes to the hydro but believe the "true" hydro came out early 80's.

I've been reading through this thread very interesting reading I can remember going to Devon county show years and years ago late 70's and seeing the NEW Mf 1200 when it came out and the next tractor stand was IH with the hydro 84 and the 475 with Perkins engine I think in the USA had the hydro models 10yrs before us

I've been reading through this thread very interesting reading I can remember going to Devon county show years and years ago late 70's and seeing the NEW Mf 1200 when it came out and the next tractor stand was IH with the hydro 84 and the 475 with Perkins engine I think in the USA had the hydro models 10yrs before us

Hi Andrew good old tractors in there day and 475 with a Perkins is still good on running a processor and splitter thanks Jon

If you look by the oil filter the engine model (ie d239 or d246) will be cast into the block so then you will know which engine you have. I wouldn't think the oil filter access would be made to hard and its only a few inches away from the filter.

It would be interesting to know.

Out of interest do you know its age roughly? Im not clued up when it comes to the hydro but believe the "true" hydro came out early 80's.

Alas no, the skidded unit had the stamp further back, or is that the tractor rather than the engine?! Hydro 84 spec shows 246 as pic'd:

1439961542102-1060087421.jpg.dd04151fe35860b5242cc15559d9bfb7.jpg

1439961510829-463449036.jpg.33849fc92ea7c088a06585cdef7ce855.jpg

14399613694461851786291.jpg.83d6389384d0ac9aa799f42e574659cd.jpg

TCD I don't know about the skidder engine but I cant see it being different.

Your top pic saying skidder serial number is exactly the same place as where the vin plate is on the tractor which is an aluminium plate.

The lower pic is where the engine model is cast into the block.

I would hazard a guess as it being the same. I cant see neuss soley casting a separate engine block just for a skidder when its exactly the same engine?

Jon/Shavey did you realise the mf1200 uses the perkins out the mf525 combine? I need to pull one out a scrap combine soon which is in good working order....

Edited by wisecobandit

TCD I don't know about the skidder engine but I cant see it being different..

Skidded unit is just the term for the basic engine-gearbox-axles without any of the wheels or bodywork, as bought by people like County from Ford, then its all built up as a machine.

Jon/Shavey did you realise the mf1200 uses the perkins out the mf525 combine? I need to pull one out a scrap combine soon which is in good working order....

6354 lovely engine and the beast had far more grunt than the County, regularly pulled the hydratongs apart :001_smile: but very low road speed and poor hydraulic flow.

Stanley Drobonski used to convert them into small single bay forwarders.