Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

• 1 month later...
Very clean looking wee forwarder with smart controls. Think its worth the price tag?

Well the price tag is what caught my attention initially! Actually yes, if business was booming. I was offered similar money for mine and should have snapped their hand off!

Where else can you get a machine that size that will wiggle into tight spots, leave little mess and do a decent days work reliably?

I will never part with my 578 simply because it's so good at the very niche it was made for and is doing again. I've been on the hunt for an 810d for ages but anything even slightly bigger than that isn't for me. The 578 has a slow crane and a slow transmission but it doesn't stop. I long for a faster machine but when it breaks down my daily wood output won't be any more will it?

That one has extension crane which makes it miles better than the 4115 I've got; the 4115 is strong but just too short...

Ye they certainly tick the boxes for the tight jobs and make do and mend approach. I did bid on one about 5 years ago in the FC auctions. It had a burnt out cab but apart from that looked clean.

My 1210 is the shorter version so not to bad in the tight spots but it'll leave a much bigger footprint than the brunett

I did bid on one about 5 years ago in the FC auctions. It had a burnt out cab but apart from that looked clean.

Ah, that's mine! Cab doesn't smell so smokey anymore; I think dossers had chucked something through the back door and hoped it would burn much more. Only evidence of that sorry business now is a slightly melted plastic cap on one of the crane levers. Take it it was at Chapelhall workshops? They put a new seat in it and replaced the cab roof and painted it white. Through the gap where the seat carousel spins you can see scorch marks.

• 3 weeks later...