Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

managed to have a look in the manual this morning and it looks like standard hydraulic oil can be used in the main tank to run the transmission, crane etc with Hy tran being specified for the bogies, diffs etc.

Ah now! From memory, that was a misprint! Seriously! It would be the other way round if it was 1/2 correct. Some serious clarification on this - I suggest you call Tommy Groat at FC Workshops; not a lot the man doesn't know about Bruun System machines. Likely your machine is ex-FC anyway...

FTR my manual states EP80/90 for the bogies - makes sense since it's gear oil for gears! Likewise for the rear diff - GL5 or Hypoid...

The transmission and crane share the fluid and Hytran has the highest H2O handling which is why I think IH and cranab call for it...

Hytran for the front diff as it's in with the skid unit trans anyway...

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So its time to sort the center pivot out on the 678. this will mean splitting it in half, something I am not too looking forward to.

Has anyone done this before, I assume that if I block up the cab from underneath I should be able to ease the bunk end out with the loader tractor do the work and reattach in a similar way?

Thanks

Hi

Just seeing if there's anyone on here selling or knows a good place to pick up a mini crane lever? I'm looking for a left hand side one. Its the one with the can shaped lower half the newer type are fatter and more rounded. Tried wilsons and a few others but no joy yet

Richard Court?

Phil Cooper?