Oh dear! Need a Bag for all my gear...

craigblues

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont put spikes in even with guards on as I have a nice scar on my arm from catching a bag passed down from the landy roofrack and the gaff came through and made a nice whole in the bag and me!

I use gaff guards now. Was meaning to for ages then managed to stick a spike through one of my NF bags. I would have rather spiked my leg! Haha.

A waterproof bag is a must. If its bad enough you could always use it as an umbrella to keep you dry for a bit.

Google 'army deployment bag'.

Best kit bag I've ever owned, about £17.

Shoulder straps which cunningly hide as well if you need to pack into the woods.

The Husky bag is the single worst item I have ever bought.

+1

I've got several of them and they are great value and very tough. The rucksack straps tuck away behind Velcro flaps when you just want to use it as a holdall, which is a nice detail.

Decided to go for the army deployment bag. :-) I took a look at the Mountain Warehouse bag yesterday. It looked nice and shiny but I felt I could get a bigger one for the same price. I then considered driving down to GoOutdoor today to look at the Gelert Expedition 90L version but then remembered I had a £25 eBay coupon. So researched further into the army deployment bag and it seems to be the ideal bag! So only cost me the postage £6! BARGAIN!

• 2 weeks later...

You want a great kit bag, checkout what the Aussie army use. My brother got onto a tailor while he was on a deployment. This bloke can make anything! rope bags, kit bags and they last!! Just email him and he can send you pics, info, etc. [email protected]

He'll stich a name on the bag along with a flag of your choice, all for around $100 aussie dollars. Ewan Murray will post a pic for you. also goggle 'dive bag'